Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion Women v Coventry today.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
To get to a semi final would be unreal for Lewes. Fantastic stuff.

I hope the Albion let the team play at the Amex.

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Draw today at 7pm on the BBC One (so presumably part of the One Show). Would be fantastic to play at the Amex, but would depend on us drawing a big team at home (i.e. Chelsea) to draw in the crowds, and the men being drawn away if they get through against Stoke on Tuesday as quarterfinals for both competitions are due to be the same weekend.

If both drawn at home, a double header at the Amex would be fantastic, though sadly I can't really see it happening except in my dreams!

Brighton were lucky they were playing lower league opposition yesterday who faded towards the end. We're still not playing well - too slow in decision making, not accurate in passing, no intensity etc and Coventry at times were doing those things better than us! We improved when Lee, and then the other subs came on, partly because we upped our speed/intensity and partly as Coventy tired.

Much for the manager to improve on, and we need to invest in the squad itself in the summer. Hopefully this win will give the team a bit of confidence which is visibly lacking, and Scheuer can instill some fight and desire for the rest of the season. Our next two league matches are not likely to help with the confidence though - Chelsea away and then Man City at home! *eek*

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Draw today at 7pm on the BBC One (so presumably part of the One Show). Would be fantastic to play at the Amex, but would depend on us drawing a big team at home (i.e. Chelsea) to draw in the crowds, and the men being drawn away if they get through against Stoke on Tuesday as quarterfinals for both competitions are due to be the same weekend.

If both drawn at home, a double header at the Amex would be fantastic, though sadly I can't really see it happening except in my dreams!

Brighton were lucky they were playing lower league opposition yesterday who faded towards the end. We're still not playing well - too slow in decision making, not accurate in passing, no intensity etc and Coventry at times were doing those things better than us! We improved when Lee, and then the other subs came on, partly because we upped our speed/intensity and partly as Coventy tired.

Much for the manager to improve on, and we need to invest in the squad itself in the summer. Hopefully this win will give the team a bit of confidence which is visibly lacking, and Scheuer can instill some fight and desire for the rest of the season. Our next two league matches are not likely to help with the confidence though - Chelsea away and then Man City at home! *eek*
Brighton v Lewes at the Amex as part of a double header would be fantastic !

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
There's a huge and increasing difference between the teams at the top of the WSL and the rest, let alone the division below.

As others have said, it should be a victory by several goals. There just isn't the same level of competition yet.

For 5th Round prize money, it's £20,000 to the winning team, £5,000 to the losers.
Absolutely. The gulf between the "haves" - Arsenal, Chelsea and both Manchester clubs - and the rest will continue to grow unless the authorities step in to level out the playing field a bit. Chelsea and Arsenal can just about pick matchday squads of full internationals and Arsenal bid half a million for Russo in January (and the bid was rejected!). Won't be that long before we see the first million pound player.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Absolutely. The gulf between the "haves" - Arsenal, Chelsea and both Manchester clubs - and the rest will continue to grow unless the authorities step in to level out the playing field a bit. Chelsea and Arsenal can just about pick matchday squads of full internationals and Arsenal bid half a million for Russo in January (and the bid was rejected!). Won't be that long before we see the first million pound player.
Agree. They are just steam rollering over many clubs that put in the effort to get the game up and running. Buying up the game again.

It wouldn't be impossible for someone step in and take a women's team up the leagues and become better known for that squad than the men's squad. Not that this should be a specific objective.

Look at Lewes. Their women's team is in the second tier. However, if they were ever to get promoted, they couldn't take their place - probably due to the Dripping Pan not meeting regulations. Perhaps they could play their games at the Amex? ( 🎣 )

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Agree. They are just steam rollering over many clubs that put in the effort to get the game up and running. Buying up the game again.

It wouldn't be impossible for someone step in and take a women's team up the leagues and become better known for that squad than the men's squad. Not that this should be a specific objective.

Look at Lewes. Their women's team is in the second tier. However, if they were ever to get promoted, they couldn't take their place - probably due to the Dripping Pan not meeting regulations. Perhaps they could play their games at the Amex? ( 🎣 )
Yep, I think WSL teams have to play at a Cat A ground - so min capacity 4000 (same requirements as National League). Lewes is Cat B

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
If Worthing get promotion what is there capacity
No chance. A lot of works going on there now to get them national league ready, but will it be 4000 cap ?

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Reading v Chelsea
Aston Villa v Manchester City
Lewes v Manchester United
Birmingham v Brighton

Albion Women away at a Championship side. Could've been much worse.

If they make it through, both Semi-Finals will be on terrestrial TV.

Lewes at home.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
So Brighton will be playing Birmingham when the men’s team are playing Man Utd at the Amex.

And Lewes will host Man Utd when their Men’s team are at the Amex.

Maybe Sky will shift our game on the 19th to avoid clashes, but I wouldn’t bet on it.

Can see the women’s quarter finals being shifted to the Monday night, which will be shit for Lewes and Brighton at Crawley as attendance would be down.

Mothering Sunday on the 19th. Hope the women’s games win any battle of the fixtures.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
So Brighton will be playing Birmingham when the men’s team are playing Man Utd at the Amex.

Maybe Sky will shift our game on the 19th to avoid clashes, but I wouldn’t bet on it.

Can see the women’s quarter finals being shifted to the Monday night, which will be shit for Lewes and Brighton at Crawley as attendance would be down.

Mothering Sunday on the 19th. Hope the women’s games win any battle of the fixtures.
The Lewes v Manchester United Cup game could possibly move to a Saturday, but Monday evening seems unlikely.

That said, there isn't a big fixture like Arsenal v Chelsea in the 4 ties, so they may well stay as they are.

On a free weekend for Albion fans, the attendance yesterday at Crawley was 848. Lewes had 857.

Manchester United only had 1,735 for their home game.

The all-WSL Cup ties between Aston Villa v West Ham and Spurs v Reading had 832 and 572 respectively.

So regardless of when the games are played, the Women's FA Cup attendances aren't likely to change a great deal.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2022–23_Women's_FA_Cup

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Our game v Man U won’t go ahead if either of us win this week because the QFs are scheduled for 18th. The women’s cup games will all be played on the 19th - times might be shifted around though.

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house

What really pisses me off is that Man Utd's women's team didn't exist until the 2018/19 season, ploughed loads of money into it & now taking all the best players for nought from 'smaller' clubs.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Excellent news that Lewes have managed to move their FA Cup tie to an earlier kick off - with no support from the Albion I understand.

Perhaps Man Utd forced it.

Albion women’s FA cup match will still clash with the men’s game.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Excellent news that Lewes have managed to move their FA Cup tie to an earlier kick off - with no support from the Albion I understand.

Perhaps Man Utd forced it.

Albion women’s FA cup match will still clash with the men’s game.
Think it was primarily FA-driven to have three slots across the 4 fixtures during the day for maximum exposure. None if the games are on terrestrial TV but Lewes/Man U has been chosen to be live on BBC Iplayer (all games will also be on the FA Player app).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here