• Undecided

Votes: 9 13.6%
  • Not going

Votes: 37 56.1%

• Total voters

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
Good game despite the attrocious weather.

But, Mr Barber, was it really necessary to charge folk 5 quid to park?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Decent game - Brighton should have won by four or five goals though. The Charlton keeper had a mare for the first goal but played pretty well after that.

We're top of men's and women's leagues now: not bad

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
3,200 odd - a record for women's prem league..! As I said before on this thread, my 4 yr old was mascot & the club were absolutely fantastic all day - the party was superb & the staff (especially Lucy from AITC) were so great. Another day to be immensely proud of our club for me - and the women played fantastically..!

Three thousand and quite a large something was announced crowdwise- enought to break the record for their league. Good time was had, good atmosphere and they got a great reception at the end when they did a parade (as only one side of ground open wasn't worth doing a lap) of honour. Well done them, think they could have got more goals but got the feeling that they all wanted to get on the score sheet themselves rather than passing it. Considering that Charlton were to of the division they really didn't look very special. Great celebration by the team for their first goal.

Just checked - 3256 was the crowd.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
3,200 odd - a record for women's prem league..! As I said before on this thread, my 4 yr old was mascot & the club were absolutely fantastic all day - the party was superb & the staff (especially Lucy from AITC) were so great. Another day to be immensely proud of our club for me - and the women played fantastically..!

Can't believe your daughter is 4 already :mad:

I hope she had a fantastic and inspiring day

Was she the very little cute kid who seemed to be milking the applause, bless her! Earned an "aaaaaaah bless" moment from Youngest Potting.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Good game great passing by the Albion and some awesome tackling without getting booked I would recommend anyone has the time try and see a Albion Ladies game. The kids loved it.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Just checked - 3256 was the crowd.[/QUOTE]

Wonder if that was the number of people who actually went or did they include the free tickets given as part of the YS Xmas party who had no intention of going.
Excellent party though..

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Was she the very little cute kid who seemed to be milking the applause, bless her! Earned an "aaaaaaah bless" moment from Youngest Potting.

Haha well I'm biased but yes she was the very little girl. And yes she had both sets of grandparents and various others in the crowd so was loving the waving to everyone. Very proud moment for us tbh :)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Can't believe your daughter is 4 already :mad:

I hope she had a fantastic and inspiring day

I know mate - crazy! Born the day before we won promotion by beating Dagenham & Redbridge - I still have a pic of her one day old lying on the front page of the Argus with Gus on and 'we are going up' the headline :lol: crazy that was over 4 1/2 years ago!!!!

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Marvellous day and so many youngsters (and a fair number of adults) making their 1st trip to the Amex and many will come back.

Went with 5 of the family, including two g/sons who, at 3 & 5, were having their 1st game and lasted the full 90 mns. Even my mrs enjoyed it!

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
It's pure political correctness. No need to play the game at the Amex as there will not be anywhere near 30k there. A park with a capacity for a couple of hundred will suffice. It's a case of 'look at us aren't we good affording the women's game equal billing to the men's.'

I would say you are arguing against yourself by citing 10k for an international game as 'testimony.' That's a lousy attendance, less than 1 in 3 seats occupied. The attendance probably included 1901s.

Incidenty before it became the done thing to be 'into' women's football how many women's football features were there on the Albion roar?

I'm trying to work out whether you are just fishing, or that you are an absolute w@nker.

I'm thinking it's the latter

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC

Wonder if that was the number of people who actually went or did they include the free tickets given as part of the YS Xmas party who had no intention of going.
Excellent party though..[/QUOTE]

It was based on those who went through the turnstiles I understand. I'm sure there were more than 3k people at the young seagulls party (the queue for bobby seemed that long alone :bowdown:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Excellent party though..

As above, it was the actual number of people who went to the game.

(I know this as [MENTION=561]Insider[/MENTION] mentioned it to me when he called me on the way home last night, not for any reason other than, like us, he was just overflowing with Albion positivity and just wanted to share some of it)

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
I'm trying to work out whether you are just fishing, or that you are an absolute w@nker.

I'm thinking it's the latter

So I'm an absolute w$nker because I have the expressed a view on a fans debating forum that differs from yours? If someone today expresses a view to your face today that you disagree will you refer to them as an absolute w$nker?

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
So I'm an absolute w$nker because I have the expressed a view on a fans debating forum that differs from yours? If someone today expresses a view to your face today that you disagree will you refer to them as an absolute w$nker?

Everybody is entitled to an opinion even if it differs from conventional wisdom.

In my view its how it's put across that can differentiate someone being called out for it

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
Everybody is entitled to an opinion even if it differs from conventional wisdom.

In my view its how it's put across that can differentiate someone being called out for it

Not if goes against the liberal NSC elite........

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here