• Undecided

Votes: 9 13.6%
  • Not going

Votes: 37 56.1%

• Total voters

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
It has been said that some members of the fairer sex just go to watch an occasional football match to lust after the fit players. In this age of equality it would be rude not to reciprocate this practice. Anyone got the team photos ? :whistle:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Would be ironic if the record woman's football attendance was set in Brighton, watched by a large crowd of supposed homos.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Quite a few narrow minded individuals on here. It doesn't matter what gender the players are, they're representing OUR football club so are deserving of OUR support

S

smileyweb

...anyone going to the Young Seagulls Christmas Party also gets a 'comped' ticket for the match, so you need another option [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] ��

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Doubt it as Mini will be playing

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
No, it's down to rewarding the players who on top of having full time jobs, train 3 times a week and give up their Sundays without being paid a wage.
Give up their Sundays!

Is that to play a sport. Next time I attempt to hit a golf ball I demand it's at a top course with at least a couple of thousand watching. And playing a round of golf takes me a great deal longer than a game of football.

There again I'm crap and don't expect it. No matter how many times people beat on about women's football, it's boring, being played by averagely skilled players. There's so few actually playing you don't have to be that good to be in a 'top' team. I know of one girl same age as my son , she's ok but nothing great, she is training with the club. Given all the best kit/training/facilities yet my son who is infinitely better got rejected in his trial. It's not sour grapes as I don't believe his good enough either. But does show the truth , they should be bloody grateful for the opportunity given them. Something most boys could only dream of.

Therefore it's a no.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Give up their Sundays!

Is that to play a sport. Next time I attempt to hit a golf ball I demand it's at a top course with at least a couple of thousand watching. And playing a round of golf takes me a great deal longer than a game of football.

There again I'm crap and don't expect it. No matter how many times people beat on about women's football, it's boring, being played by averagely skilled players. There's so few actually playing you don't have to be that good to be in a 'top' team. I know of one girl same age as my son , she's ok but nothing great, she is training with the club. Given all the best kit/training/facilities yet my son who is infinitely better got rejected in his trial. It's not sour grapes as I don't believe his good enough either. But does show the truth , they should be bloody grateful for the opportunity given them. Something most boys could only dream of.

Therefore it's a no.
got to start somewhere

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Incidenty before it became the done thing to be 'into' women's football how many women's football features were there on the Albion roar?

Since we started on it.

A bit like regularly having people from AITC on, or the Powerchair team. Or is that merely 'political correctness' too?

'Falmer For All' is the phrase which has evidently passed you by.

Last edited:

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
Since we started on it.

A bit like regularly having people from AITC on, or the Powerchair team. Or is that merely 'political correctness' too?

'Falmer For All' is the phrase which has evidently passed you by.

So regular features on women's football throughout say the first decade of this century yeah?

Falmer for all was all about campaigning and building a stadium for the men's team, a can't recall any mention of building a stadium for the women's team.

This 'women's football is great, so much better than the spoilt brat prima donnas' is pure politically correct jumping on the bandwagon. So were you / are you a regular attender of bha women's games?

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Give up their Sundays!

Therefore it's a no.

So, because it's boring in your opinion we shouldn't bother investing in the games future? Why shouldn't women be aloud to aspire to become professional footballers? Considering they were banned from playing on any FA affiliated grounds for 48 years, it's no surprise the quality is much poorer..

Also might I add, they give up the freedom to go out Friday and Saturday night and get pissed like most people their age are doing.

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Give up their Sundays!

Therefore it's a no.

Yes, they'd better get back in the kitchen. What next? Women bus drivers or engineers?

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Falmer for all was all about campaigning and building a stadium for the men's team, a can't recall any mention of building a stadium for the women's team.

'Falmer For All', not 'Falmer For Men Only'. The stadium was built to house Brighton & Hove Albion primarily, community programmes secondarily, and for community use thirdly. Brighton & Hove Albion has several teams, including women's. The fact that this has passed you by is entirely your problem, no-one else's. Would you have been against the construction of the stadium if you knew women would have equal use of the facilities? Evidently so.

This 'women's football is great, so much better than the spoilt brat prima donnas' is pure politically correct jumping on the bandwagon.

That's the third time you've mentioned 'political correctness'. Is that really the extent of your argument? 'Political correctness', in this context, has no meaning. Nor does 'bandwagon-jumping'. You therefore don't have an argument against the Women's team using the stadium, aside from the evident misogyny emanating from your posts, though that's not much of an argument either.

So were you / are you a regular attender of bha women's games?

You hate women's football, and you have a self-important problem with women making use of the stadium, based on... well, it's not that obvious, seeing as you haven't made any kind of case. So what's it to you what I do?

If women's football really offends you, get off the thread and go and disrespect someone else's endeavours to better themselves. Thankfully, Brighton & Hove Albion are far more enlightened than you will ever be.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I have followed Women's football since I qualified as a referee late 70s and through work connections ended up refereeing women;s games for some years. Back then there was no national league; the game was structured geographically and the imbalance was marked. 20-0 was common. My highest was 42-0!

The game has changed so much. The standard has improved beyond recognition and I would recommend anybody who hasn't watched women play before to go along.

My one reservation is that the atmosphere will be crap at the Amex with such a small crowd. Would have thought that playing at one of the non-league grounds and packing it out would generate a far better atmosphere.

I seem to recall a women's international being played at the Goldstone (against Russia??). Anybody else remember? Or did I dream it?

Will I be going? Probably...if the travel subsidy is valid (and the railway numpties haven't decided to schedule works on the day)

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
'Falmer For All', not 'Falmer For Men Only'. The stadium was built to house Brighton & Hove Albion primarily, community programmes secondarily, and for community use thirdly. Brighton & Hove Albion has several teams, including women's. The fact that this has passed you by is entirely your problem, no-one else's. Would you have been against the construction of the stadium if you knew women would have equal use of the facilities? Evidently so.

That's the third time you've mentioned 'political correctness'. Is that really the extent of your argument? 'Political correctness', in this context, has no meaning. Nor does 'bandwagon-jumping'. You therefore don't have an argument against the Women's team using the stadium, aside from the evident misogyny emanating from your posts, though that's not much of an argument either.

You hate women's football, and you have a self-important problem with women making use of the stadium, based on... well, it's not that obvious, seeing as you haven't made any kind of case. So what's it to you what I do?

If women's football really offends you, get off the thread and go and disrespect someone else's endeavours to better themselves. Thankfully, Brighton & Hove Albion are far more enlightened than you will ever be.

You are very agressive and self opinionated. Must be TLO at the keyboard. What a great way to attract new listeners...

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010

If they had said during the construction of the Amex that womens football would have equal use of the facilities I would'nt have given a stuff, I'm only interested in the male BHA team, like the vast majority of Albion fans are. My point is why play a game at the Amex which is going to attract a tiny fraction of it's capacity. It will probably cost the Albion money to stage the game, money which I would prefer to be spent in January on the mens team. I don't hate womens football at all, I just have no interest in it.

Yeah and you are so 'enlightened' you can't tell me how often the womens game featured on the roar in the last decade (my guess is none until fairly recently) neither can you tell me how often you attend womens matches (my guess is rarely and if you do its only been a recent thing).

Being an advocate of the womens game gives people like you to showcase how broad minded you are when in reality you've only becoming an 'advocate' recently, so come on then you must have records of when womens football featured on the roar 'since you started' lets see the proof then?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports