Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion website - illiterate and incomprehensible....

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
And I quote:

"Ticket's are current off sale to Seagulls fans for Albion's FA Cup fourth round tie against Arsenal..."

Albion Will Host Arsenal

The headline currently on the site, presumably written in haste last night, with the obligatory rogue apostrophe and confusing use of plain English.

Translation - "if you didn't get your ticket already, we're now warning you that you probably won't get one."

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I have given up using the club site now. If it was just an eyesore I would persist but now it is not only ugly but also poorly maintained. NSC was breaking the news of Ulloa yesterday with shots of him at The Amex so I went to the official site for confirmation only to find nothing. It could be that the club had broke the news on the site but au could not find it. It seems that the top stories now only ever refer to ticketing and revenue streams for the club rather than news for the supporter.

Have now removed my Seagulls bookmark. NSC bookmark remains.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
It is a truly awful experience. And we are supposed to be some sort of 'digital city'!

BearwoodSeagull

Feb 2, 2012
Chalkhouse Green, Oxon
Complete eyesore.
Dreadful to navigate.
Poorly constructed.
Uninformative.
In attempting to improve the style, it has now got No style and worse still, No content.
It's gone from information 'pop-up tastic' overload, to 'nothing to see here'
All in all a horrible experience and one that i no longer bookmark for use......
FAIL !!!!

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Most annoying is how every necessary feature is actually on a different site. Tickets, seagulls player, seagulls merchandise... all different domains and different styles.

textbook example of a website designed by a committee

NSC was breaking the news of Ulloa yesterday with shots of him at The Amex so I went to the official site for confirmation only to find nothing.

The club wouldn't announce the news on the website until the deal was 100% signed and completed. Just because there were photos of him at the Amex doesn´t mean the deal was done; imagine the uproar on here if they announced it only to have to unnanounce it shortly afterwards because something had gone wrong. Don`t forget the Vicente deal wasn´t finalised until he got to the airport when he signed the contract, some time after he left the Amex.

But I do agree the official site is awful!

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
The club wouldn't announce the news on the website until the deal was 100% signed and completed. Just because there were photos of him at the Amex doesn´t mean the deal was done; imagine the uproar on here if they announced it only to have to unnanounce it shortly afterwards because something had gone wrong. Don`t forget the Vicente deal wasn´t finalised until he got to the airport when he signed the contract, some time after he left the Amex.

But I do agree the official site is awful!

All true, of course. My point was more that even had the news been up on the site it would have been nigh on impossible to find. I don't particularly thirst to know every detail immediately (I prefer to ignore all of the palava on 31st January and then just browse through the outcome of the transfer dealings the following day). I just want the information to be accessible when I get there and it no longer is. I'm better off going to the BBC for the bald facts and NSC for some fun.

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
Not only is the layout abysmally poor, but the laggy and sluggish navigation around the site is awful. Add to that it doesn't work on mobiles half the time.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Most annoying is how every necessary feature is actually on a different site. Tickets, seagulls player, seagulls merchandise... all different domains and different styles.

textbook example of a website designed by a committee

All created by different companies.

Blame the league.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
The club actually pay for this site as well - maybe thats the where the £8 million went.

I could do a better job for half that

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
And I quote:

"Ticket's are current off sale to Seagulls fans for Albion's FA Cup fourth round tie against Arsenal..."

Albion Will Host Arsenal

The headline currently on the site, presumably written in haste last night, with the obligatory rogue apostrophe and confusing use of plain English.

Translation - "if you didn't get your ticket already, we're now warning you that you probably won't get one."

This is just embarrassing. Even if it was prepared in a hurry last night, there is no excuse for something like this on a high profile website. It makes the club look amateurish in the extreme. It appeared like that almost immediately after the Arsenal win last night, and has remained there unchanged ever since. Pathetic.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Yeah I went on there today for the first time since it changed and its pretty horrid. The thing is, I don't need the Seagulls.co.uk website anymore. I get all of my updates from @OfficialBHAFC on Twitter (with links directly to the pages), NSC and (dare-I-say-it) Andy Naylor's Twitter feed.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I admit it's not the best website I've had the pleasure of using BUT I have to say it's much better than the old one. Do people not remember how cluttered and difficult to navigate the old site was?

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
I admit it's not the best website I've had the pleasure of using BUT I have to say it's much better than the old one. Do people not remember how cluttered and difficult to navigate the old site was?

I beg to differ.Personally,I much preferred the old site and gave up using the new one months ago.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
a hideous monstorous carbuncle

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
It truly is awful. I hardly ever bother with it anymore. It's even more dreadful on the mobile version that insists on coming up on my iphone. Looks completely amateur.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton

Uh, this. The old one was both ugly and dire.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
How do you rate the new website out of 10?

seem's to be s'ummed u'p here wha't people think' of it.

Fair enough that you highlight the previous thread (NSC vote - 2.75/10), but I think it's also fair enough that to point out that, now people have had three or four months to properly road-test it, you'll ideally get a better picture.

Having said that, I haven't changed my mind from when I first saw it. It's horrible.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Both TERRIBLE.

I hope the club is being paid a truck load as compensation for having their on-line corporate image put through the mill.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here