Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion villains hall of shame

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
The architects of the original deed's of the Goldstone (no structure to rise over 50 feet),the East terrace,The owners of the houses behind the East terrace,Brighton council,Hove council,The FA,Gordon Smith,the fire starter in the South stand (Goldstone),Barry Lloyd,Notts County,10 year Division 1 contracts,Nimbys.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Norman Whiteside
Southampton and Spurs
Spurs hooligans

The architects of the original deed's of the Goldstone (no structure to rise over 50 feet),the East terrace,The owners of the houses behind the East terrace,Brighton council,Hove council,The FA,Gordon Smith,the fire starter in the South stand (Goldstone),Barry Lloyd,Notts County,10 year Division 1 contracts,Nimbys.

i had a house along goldstone lane?
how dare you sir:eek:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
i had a house along goldstone lane?
how dare you sir:eek:

Well you had people in your front garden then-at times watching with you? or did you leave em to it and venture in-we could have straightened the east up without em

Edit: sub edit care of Rev-replace "owners" of "said houses" with "Builders"......best i can do Rev.

Last edited:

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
Chris001 - I can absolutely assure you that Dick put in a 7 figure sum out of his own cash in the form of 'convertible loan notes', despite not being a wealthy guy by typical footballer club owner standards. Others (the most obvious being Norman Cook), but others too, did this also.

They earned no interest.

The several £m injected by them in the period 1997 to 2009 was used to cover the Albion annual losses, mainly caused by paying the wages of better players than we otherwise could have afforded with small-Priestfield & Withdean revenues, and several £m was spent in that period on planning barristers and consultants regarding Falmer in the long battle against the enemies of the Club & Football.

All this out of their own pockets. Not broken down by person, but the grand totals are disclosed in the annual audited accounts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here