Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion V SCCC

Nov 20, 2003
hove
should be good weds night at Saltdean UTD gus tano charlie all playing Olie raynor and tom smith back for sussex should be a good game

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
There will be a meeting of two of the biggest sporting organisations in Sussex on Wednesday evening this week, when Sussex County Cricket Club move the goalposts to take on a Brighton & Hove Albion XI at Hill Park, home of Saltdean United Football Club (7.30pm kick off).

The game will take place as part of a fundraising initiative between the two clubs for a project called the East Brighton Community Football Club, and with a return fixture in the pipeline for next summer when Sussex CCC will host the Albion for a t20 cricket match, in aid of the Sussex Cricket in the Community Trust.

There will be a meeting of two of the biggest sporting organisations in Sussex on Wednesday evening this week, when Sussex County Cricket Club move the goalposts to take on a Brighton & Hove Albion XI at Hill Park, home of Saltdean United Football Club (7.30pm kick off).

The game will take place as part of a fundraising initiative between the two clubs for a project called the East Brighton Community Football Club, and with a return fixture in the pipeline for next summer when Sussex CCC will host the Albion for a t20 cricket match, in aid of the Sussex Cricket in the Community Trust.
Yes, but ...

How many of the current Albion squad understand the first thing about how to play cricket?

I remember an excellent game between the two clubs, played at Firle a few years back in Barry Lloyd's time. But those were different times.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
I know CMS plays cricket. He tweeted a while back that he took a wicket in a game at Ripe (or might have been Chalvington).

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
CMS definitely plays cricket. Doubt that many of the Spaniards do, mind!

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
Vicente's Slow Left Arm bowling has been compared to Michael Yardy

fisons

Feb 21, 2005
Vicente's Slow Left Arm bowling has been compared to Michael Yardy

I played against Lawro and Fossie in the Worthing Evening League and a bit later againts Gerry Ryan and Steve Go Gatting who were playing for the Wooden Spoon.

Charlie is a regular at the PROBIZ and Gus and Tanno always support the PLayers Benefit Lunches at the Grand.

Building up connections between the two best sporting organisations on the planet is a great idea.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Does any other county have such a strong relationship between the cricket and football club? Everyone I know who supports Sussex is also an avid BHA fan. (Leicestershire and Leicester City perhaps?)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Does any other county have such a strong relationship between the cricket and football club? Everyone I know who supports Sussex is also an avid BHA fan. (Leicestershire and Leicester City perhaps?)

Northampton and Northamptonshire shared a GROUND!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here