moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
cant predict this one but gonna have a few sheckles on a sending off :smile:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Long term, what would be the best result?

A Win
+... Could give us the confidence and belief in what Gus has been trying to preach in the early days of training, and if the players see what he wants them to do works, they will be more inclined to go along with it, and give their all
-... Over confidence, too much relevance put on a on off victory. After each of MA's wins last year we spent the week talking about how we'll push on. A win today could make everyone think we're great now, and efforts drop, people (players, fans and our management team) underestimate the work needed and the next game goes the way of so many have, the we're out the FA cup, followed by leeds and early on the players lose faith in Gus and what he's going for.

A Loss (largely the opposites)
+... Evryone involved realises it takes more than simply changing the manager. Everyone has to perform, the players have to look at themselves, Gus gets an idea of the scale of his task. Fans realise it's going to take a bit of patience as Gus gets the team playing his way (yep, all those fed up with the gelling excuse are going to face this one for a while)
-... Players may see a loss as a damning indictment of Gus's footballing attitude/tactics and not give their all to give Gus what he wants. The players see that changing manager doesn't change their fortunes, and lose confidence in themselves.

A Draw
+... it's not a win or loss so the above don't count. It delays judgement, Allowing Gus more than half a week to stamp his style on the team, giving the FA Cup game a chance t be the decider, with a win over a wycombe team being given less importance than one over southampton.
-... Draws are unsatisfying. I know, that's not long term, but I needed a minus for balance.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Southampton 2 - 2 Brighton and Hove Albion

And that's being positive.

I guess we'll be wearing the third kit today too.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Us - not many (if any); them - quite a lot more.

Quite a lot of you have Hammond down to score - how about Harding too?

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
heart - 3-0 Albion
head - 2-0 Le Tissiers lot

Actually, I would just love the Albion to give a performance of good quality in front of the cameras. Even better if we win, but we've had far too many duff shows in recent years (4-1 at Crewe springs to mind a couple of seasons back and 2-2 Leyton Orient last year )

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here