Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion v Peterborough discussion thread

Jason Speaks

Feb 4, 2004
Portslade
Haven't seen one yet so thought I start one.

Team news:

Jonah and Hart dropped, Piercy and Reid to start.

Roberts , Virgo , Cullip , Butters , Harding , Reid , Oatway , Carpenter , Piercy , Knight , Iwelumo
Subs: Kuipers , Hart , Jones , McPhee , El-Abd

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Looks good to me.

I guess those lucky NSCers in hospitality will be currently swigging their coffees in the hope they sober up before kick off

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
A total of about 7 hours sleep over the last 3 nights and still stuck in the office.

No - of course I don't want to be there.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Just got back from work - woohoo 1-0.:clap2:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Jason Speaks said:
Damn Luton just got a late winner.

Don't think it matters that much - generally very good results for us today and the playoff teams are looking quite obvious now.

It's just a matter of jostling for position to see who plays who. Swindon and Hartlepool seem to be in very good form right now.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
:clap: just got back from the game

brilliant result , hope we can play like that again the brizzie lot

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
braders7 said:

I think we will have to play better than that mate !

Blimey - we were a semi-passing team today! 4-3-3, Reid right side, Charlie left, the forwards interchanging but mostly Piercy up front on right flank. Brave to drop Jonah after his MOTM award on Monday.

I know most people thought Rushden was dreadful, but in some ways it was a technically superior to today's game which got very loose on occassions, particularly in the 2nd half, when Posh could have snatched an undeserved draw.

The problem and opportunities of our more attacking formation were laid bare in the first 10 mins.

Posh poured down our right side early on at will and got the ball in our box, our defender sold himself very easily and the Posh forward had a sitter. But he banged it against the bar, absolutely changed the game.

They should have got that and then it would have been difficult for us. But straight away Reid launches a superb passing move with a brilliant cross ball, Piercy then splits the defence and we almost got the crucial goal. Minutes later we did, Leon with a wonderful penalty after a hand ball in a congested penalty area.

We looked very bright after that, a delight to see Reid looking comfortable on the ball, Chippy back to his influential best. Crucially, this was a much better effort from Big Chris, who at last tried to control the ball at his feet rather than 2 games of hopeful but hopeless flicks. There will always be a Carlton Palmer aspect of him trapping a ball further than we can kick it, but he managed to bring players around him into the game today, which he has to do if we are going to set up scoring chances.

Leon was again very lively and we set up chances but similarly to Rushden, couldn't put them away.

The game drifted in quality in the second half and it was worrying the amount of chances we gave them, but Ben Roberts was alive to them all. It wasn't a surprise that McGhee switched back to the more solid 4-4-2 with Jonah and OGH.

That will be the big debating point now, which way forward, the team that started or the team that ended? One clearly attacks better, one defends better. Horses for courses perhaps.

In the end, we deserved our win because we should have put away one of the countless chances we had in the 2nd half. But our Withdean good fortune held, they could have easily equalised.

The full-backs' form has dipped a bit from Feb and March, their distribution was poor today, but the centre pair were as solid as ever. Reid was a big plus, Piercy, it didn't quite happen for him today. The forward line much better.

The other results were excellent, B'Muff are gone and Vale and Luton now have to win everything, we just need a win although I doubt if Vale or Luton can really put the pressure on us given their form.

Semi-brilliant!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Last edited:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
1 Plymouth 43 15 5 1 48 13 8 7 7 30 27 38 81
2 QPR 43 15 7 0 46 12 5 10 6 30 30 34 77
3 Bristol City 43 14 5 2 32 11 7 7 8 23 25 19 75
4 Swindon Town 43 12 6 3 39 20 8 6 8 35 34 20 72
5 Brighton 43 16 4 2 38 11 4 6 11 23 32 18 70
6 Hartlepool 43 10 8 4 38 21 9 4 8 34 36 15 69
7 Port Vale 43 14 6 2 43 27 4 4 13 24 34 6 64
8 Luton Town 42 13 5 3 40 24 3 9 9 24 36 4 62
9 Bournemouth 42 11 7 4 35 25 5 6 9 19 24 5 61
10 Tranmere 43 11 7 3 32 17 4 9 9 22 36 1 61

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
braders7 said:

I thought that we were distinctly average today. We won't have a chance in the play offs if we continue to turn in performances like that. Was I watching a different game?

:(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here