Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I saw a pre-season game yesterday at Barnsley

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Rooks to host Seagulls on Olympic torch day - Football - Sussex Express

LEWES have secured a glamorous pre-season friendly match against a full-strength Brighton side – set to take place on the day the Olympic torch makes its way through the town.

Although rumours of the game first surfaced on fans forums last week, it wasn’t confirmed officially by the Rooks until Tuesday of this week, when the Rooks posted on their own website: “With the arrival of the Olympic Torch Relay in Lewes, Tuesday July 17 was already shaping up to be an historic day for the town.

“We can now add to the celebration by announcing the arrival of Gus Poyet’s Brighton and Hove Albion side for a prestigious friendly at the Dripping Pan that same evening.

“Our friends from Falmer have promised a first team squad in one of the few friendly matches they will play in Sussex during pre-season.

“We will provide more information nearer the time but planning has already begun for the Albion’s first pre-season visit to Lewes in four years – and their first as a Championship side.”

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Superseagull69

May 8, 2010
MEDWAY
Probably the development squad!

Are we not going to the Algarve again?!

Nope. Its off to sunny Spain this year.

We are playing Maidstone United on 14th July at the New Gallagher Stadium. I would expect Gus to field a strong First team squad at this as it is the offical opening of Maidstones new ground. Could you imagine how we would of felt if Spurs only played their reserve team last year.

So while I expect us to field a first team against Lewes, I suggest it might be those fringe players looking to show what they can do.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Saturday 14th July : Maidstone Utd* (A)

Saturday 14th July : Dover Athletic (A)

Tuesday 17th July : Lewes (A)

Saturday 21st July : Hastings United (A)

Saturday 28th July : Bromley (A)

Wednesday 1st August : Worthing (A)

Saturday 4th August : Dagenham & Redbridge (A)

*Opening of Maidstone's new Gallagher Stadium.

Read more: Brighton Hove Albion - Update: Pre-season fixtures

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here