Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion v Leicester player ratings

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
The most pleasing aspect was mwepu. Completely different player to Tuesday night. I’d almost written him
Off.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Nonsense. They've had bad games before.

It’s not nonsense. They have both been poor n the last two games. It’s not important because the midfield are so
Solid but it’s significant because of how solid they are normally.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
It’s not nonsense. They have both been poor n the last two games. It’s not important because the midfield are so

Yeah and they'll be back to being solid... just as they have in the past when they've had bad games or bad form.

Robert Codners Nostrils

Oct 12, 2004
NYC
Sanchez 7

Velts 7
Dunk 6
Webster 6
March 8
Mweppykins 8
Pascality 8
Caicedo 8
Trossypops 8
Mac allister 9

Wlebz 7

Undavity 6.5
Lampers 6
Happy Gilmore 6
Estupers 6

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
The most pleasing aspect was mwepu. Completely different player to Tuesday night. I’d almost written him
Off.

Almost like he’s not a centre forward……….

Welbeck is our fulcrum, he has zero goals this season but he is VITAL to how we play, that is the point a lot of fans were trying to make re not signing a Welbeck 2 this past window, a viewpoint the dullard Naylor just couldn’t seem to grasp.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Nothing more than the ebb and flow of football; form fluctuates. If we’re still having this conversation in a month’s time I might think it’s “significant” but until then I’m not bothered.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Sanchez 6

Veltman 7
Dunk 6
Webster 6
March 7

Caicedo 8
Groß 9
Mac Allister 9.5
Mwepu 8

Welbeck 8
Trossard 8

Wasn't it Danny Ward that let in that shocker when we won 1-0 at home against Huddersfield when we got promoted? Guy clearly hates playing at the Amex, he was dire, as we're Ndidi and Amartey.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
It was possibly the worst goalkeeping performance I’ve seen in the Premier League. Ward is certainly no Schmiecel.
anyway back to us, we were far too open first half. Second half we kept the ball far better and stopped the supply line to their forwards.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
By no means perfect but you'd struggle to put together a better team with much change from £250million.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Almost like he’s not a centre forward……….

Welbeck is our fulcrum, he has zero goals this season but he is VITAL to how we play, that is the point a lot of fans were trying to make re not signing a Welbeck 2 this past window, a viewpoint the dullard Naylor just couldn’t seem to grasp.

He’s not effective if he plays wide either.

Yesterday he was in his best position and it showed

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Rating the defenders is a struggle from yesterday, Dunk will be disappointed with the 2nd goal I feel as it was a misjudgement on his part, but I've never seen us play in such an attacking manner before in the Prem (I don't think). At 2-1 we were pushed very high up the pitch, we clearly felt their defence was there to be got at (and it was). But playing Trossard at wing back was a bold move which paid off, as we were exposed at times particularly in the 1st half.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Sanchez 6
Veltman 7 Usual good performance
Dunk 5 Didnt matter but Fulham form carried over
WSebster 5 As above
Mac 9 MOM for those 2 strikes. Pity that would have gone down as best ever Amex goal
Gross 7 Very consistent at moment
Mwepu 7 Good game. With amount space of space available good opportunity for midfielders to get Fulham performance out of system.
Cacedo 7 As above
March 6 Fits so well into our unit because of his defensive work and tracking back. Just lacks attacking quality
Trossard 8 Poor first 30mins but made up for it with 2 assists and goal
Welbeck 8 Outstanding. link up play.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
It was possibly the worst goalkeeping performance I’ve seen in the Premier League. Ward is certainly no Schmiecel.
anyway back to us, we were far too open first half. Second half we kept the ball far better and stopped the supply line to their forwards.

He made quite a few good saves tbh but yeah he just exudes insecurity and it seems Kasper was more important to them (not least as a leader) than they might have realised.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Sanchez- 6.5 One good save and left 1-1 for the 2nd goal.

Veltman- 8 - Calm on the ball. Tenacious off of it. Great signing.
Webster 5 - Poor defensively but played better 2nd half going forwards
Dunk 4.5 - Caught out for 2nd goal. Hopefully a small blip (Enough for Southgate to not pick him sadly)

Trossard 7.5 - Ironically I had just said come on Leo you owe us something today just before he won the penalty. Great 2nd half.
Mwepu 7.5 - Back to his best. Very good.
Caicedo 8.5 - I hope we can keep him for a while but also hope that the recruitment team are looking for his replacement. I can see Liverpool chasing him in January.
Gross 9 - So pleased we kept him. Playing further forward has transformed him.
Mac 10 - Superb performance both in midfield and scoring superb goals.
March 7- Good showing but if only he scored more often.

Welbeck 8- Really good leading the line. Good control and pressing.

Undav 6- Needs more game time but hard to see how GP can fit him in.
Estupian 6 - He will get better as he gets more coaching from the maestro!
Lamptey 5- I hope he can get his confidence back. Seems 75% of the player in his first season.
Gilmour 5- Not enough time really

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
WhingForPresident;103736 30 said:
Wasn't it Danny Ward that let in that shocker when we won 1-0 at home against Huddersfield when we got promoted? .

Yes it was. A half-hit near post dribbler from Knockaert, that he let squirm under him, then turned in a panic and pushed it over the line.

The Amex AV guys played it back from about TEN different angles on the screens, to bigger cheers each time. Poor bloke must have been mortified.

In fact, here it is, from the best angle of all!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here