Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion v Grimsby - The OFFICIAL Discussion Thread

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
I thought that maybe they are a mock wall for practicing free-kicks in training?

indiana

Oct 3, 2003
Manchester
ben andrews girlfriend said:
ahhh missed the penalty!!

Are you sure you're not talking about the wrong match here on behalf or Mr Beckham?

Great win.

A bit of a ghost to rest from that Sunday last May.

I just hope it's not in the same vein as our 1st, match with Hins. at Burnley last year...so much promise..such dire results.

Last edited:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The penalty was right in front of me - it was a clear pen. I'd have liked McPhee to take it though.

That first half was so dire, I started wishing I was elsewhere. Don't know what Bob put in their half-time tea but it certainly did the trick. My MotM was McPhee who never stopped running and was a constant threat but I thought Butters had another awesome game at the heart of the defence.

Grimsby were a poor side though and it was rather worrying that we were second best to them in the first half. Still three points is three points and if we can win when we don't play well we're going to hard to beat.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Can we please take down the daft board with three players in gay pose? If that doesn't help visiting fans with stereotypes what will?

Regarding the goal celebration - first time amusing, third time daft.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Grizz said:
Brighton til Full-time
I'm Brighton til Full-time
I know i am i'm sure i am i'm Brighton til Full-time

;)

Think we can let ppl off this once since the England match was an important one, (especially Yorkie who i saw disappearing with about 10-15 mins to go!)

Grizz

We caught the train so that we could get into the Font. I blame Fatboy and Artois - it was their idea :ohmy:

:lolol: :lolol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The match pivoted on what I thought was a decent penalty appeal for Grimsby, when one of their players went round Butters down the left, and looked from where I was sitting (D block) like Butters then pulled him down. Nothing given, we broke up the other end, won that corner and Bobs yer knob, 1-0.

Having said that, we were so much in control again. This division is absolute garbage - you've only got to be organised (we are), not give away silly goals (we don't), and have a couple of players capable of nicking something at the other end (we have), and that is more than enough to get you to the top. Thats two 3-0 wins on the spin where we've not exactly been brilliant, and hardly had to break sweat.

This team is capable of walking this division. If we steer clear of injuries, I honestly can't see who is going to threaten us. QPR and Sheff Weds were nothing special, Swindon looked good but have lost Milner and now Parkins done his ligaments, Port Vale - don't make me laugh. Bristol City are stuttering. Who else is there ?

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
I agree with all your sentiments Easy10. It is an unbelievably weak division. The first half was dull, we won 3-0 without really breaking sweat.

Hart was my man of the match, some fantastic pacy runs and great crosses. I also thought McPhee showed some excellent touches and skills and a great turn for the penalty. He is a much, much better player than Henderson and seems to have improved leaps and bounds since I last saw him play in the first team the season before last.

Rambo

Don't Push me
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
9 goals in 3 games, thats pretty impressive, and only let 1 in!
Lets keep it up, Bournemouth will be tough, they havent lost at home yet.

Mustela Furo

Advantage Player
Jul 7, 2003
fleet said:
Can we please take down the daft board with three players in gay pose? If that doesn't help visiting fans with stereotypes what will?

Regarding the goal celebration - first time amusing, third time daft.

I think they are from a sponsor - Old Spice or Captain Morgan or something.

And I think that the point is that - every time a goal is cored - if the players imitate the pose - the sponsors pay £100 or something into the players pool.

I think this is happening up and down the country as part of a 'subtly growing' ad campaign.

Of course all of the above could be complete bollocks :D

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Easy, I agree that the penalty shout being turned down was important, but for me the most vital incident was that fantastic save Kuipers made from the header to keep it 0-0. If we'd gone in trailing, the second half may have been very different.

This division is shite this season, we've played most of the top sides now (only really Bristol City, who aren't pulling up any trees, and Vale who have started their slide) and are still sitting four points clear. Get the manager's appointment right and who knows?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Charlies Shinpad said:
Your not far off the mark RLZ!

£150.00 into the players pool every time they copy the leg up pose when we score!!

My God, you mean we have to put up with that embarrassingly contrived celebration every time we score for the rest of the season??!

We need to have a whip round on NSC and pay them NOT to do it.

Either that or resign Henderson thus ensuring there won't be that many goals to celebrate in the first place...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here