CB; Matt
RB; Chris [Da Man Clay]

LM; Pat [Renns]
CM; Ben [Bathseagull]
CM;
RM; Sam [Zesh Rehman]

CF;
CF;

Missing from that game are Mike [Padders], Jaz, plus Rob and Nick? [Helsinki Seagull's grandsons] [RIP].

We had no subs that day either, so I guess we will need at least 7 more players.

I am in no way putting myself forward as manager, as that has to be El Pres because he is the grown up! [or Da man Clay, as he is the BIGGEST!]. However, I shall be skipper, because I have my own armband, from Sundays! I will take this role very seriously, and will shout at everybody, especially the full backs, if they keep running off up front, and Ben, who WILL keep running off up front.

I would nominate Ali Jenkins to start at LB as he's been keen all along, and Justin for CM, as he is an Albion community coach so might be quite good. He can also nick an Albion penant or something, for us to give the Donny boys!

Still need two more plus subs, from the long list of volunteers in the previous 12 pages!

Last edited:

Rigoglioso

Nov 7, 2006
Donny
By the way, has anyone got a postcode for Waterhall, so I can plan the route on the AA route planner and give it to our coach driver.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Rigoglioso said:
By the way, has anyone got a postcode for Waterhall, so I can plan the route on the AA route planner and give it to our coach driver.

No, but it is seriously, the EASIEST place in Brighton to get to.

Come down the A23 towards Brighton. When you pass under the A27 you get to a roundabout with a garage on it. Take the third exit [next to the garage] into Mill Road.

Waterhall is 100 yards up the hill, through the tunnel to the right.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
hans kraay fan club said:

Waterhall is 100 yards up the hill, through the tunnel to the right.

Just to clarify, thats turn RIGHT after the railway Bridge and then under another bridge and then LEFT and then the pitches are there!

And i second your motion for Ali Jenkins to play left back! :clap2:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Rigoglioso said:
Thanks for sorting the pitch El Pres. If you need any help paying for it, let me know, as we can always run a raffle or something on our coach to get the cost sorted.

Thanks Rigo but I will turn some of our TIGHTWADS upside down and get them to hand over their loose change.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
El Presidente said:
Thanks Rigo but I will turn some of our TIGHTWADS upside down and get them to hand over their loose change.

Its not rocket science is it? £5 a head, from 15 players, should pay for the pitch and a little bit of food afterwards.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Its not rocket science is it? £5 a head, from 15 players, should pay for the pitch and a little bit of food afterwards.

Thats feasable, and obviously we need to get some beer sorted for half, i mean full time!

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I am in no way putting myself forward as manager, as that has to be El Pres because he is the grown up! [or Da man Clay, as he is the BIGGEST!]. However, I shall be skipper, because I have my own armband, from Sundays! I will take this role very seriously, and will shout at everybody, especially the full backs, if they keep running off up front, and Ben, who WILL keep running off up front.

Didn't realise you were looking HKFC;) :blush:

You dont need to worry about me getting forward much! :lolol:

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Justin for CM, as he is an Albion community coach

He's not the only one :bounce:

I'll play anywhere. Prefer attacking roles but I'm very versatile - anywhere except goalkeeper

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If Chris and Kieran agree, then I propose that the starting line-up be;

GK; Kieran [El Pres]

LB; ALI JENKINS
CB; Simon [HKFC]
CB; Matt
RB; Chris [Da Man Clay]

LM; Pat [Renns]
CM; Ben [Bathseagull]
CM; JUSTIN
RM; Sam [Zesh Rehman]

CF; SHAOLIN PUNK
CF; SAV

Subs; anything up to 6 will be fine.
Wave if you are prepared to come along as a sub. We will descide before the day, so that no-one is dicked around, and we should promise all those that are confirmed an absolute minimum of 30 minutes on the pitch.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004

GK; Kieran [El Pres]

LB; ALI JENKINS
CB; Simon [HKFC]
CB; Matt
RB; Chris [Da Man Clay]

LM; Pat [Renns]
CM; Ben [Bathseagull]
CM; JUSTIN
RM; Sam [Zesh Rehman]

CF; SHAOLIN PUNK
CF; SAV

Wave if you are prepared to come along as a sub. We will descide before the day, so that no-one is dicked around, and we should promise all those that are confirmed an absolute minimum of 30 minutes on the pitch.

Having played with Brett (Mendoza 10) id want him in my starting line-up. (Who is Sav?!)

shaolinpunk

Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Da Man Clay said:
(Who is Sav?!)

He posted a few times much earlier in the thread...

(see below)

Sav said:
Hello lads, I'm more than willing to play in the Doncaster Match, because I only have a game on the Sunday of that week, so am available that Saturday.

I'm a decent player, had a Brighton and Pompey Trial before when I was younger, I play on either wings or Upfront.

:wave:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
shaolinpunk said:
He posted a few times much earlier in the thread...

(see below)

That's the chap.

He's a forward, with hopefully a bit of talent.

We are missing the lad who scored 3 of our 4 goals from the first game, so Sav sounded a good replacement.

If Brett wants to play that's cool with me, too. Not everybody is amazingly fit, and those that do not play regularly might be more than happy to come off at half-time anyway!

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
True, I dont like sorting the starting line up now though as possibly sav and justin might not be able to make it after all this time has passed.

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford

GK; Kieran [El Pres]

LB; ALI JENKINS
CB; Simon [HKFC]
CB; Matt
RB; Chris [Da Man Clay]

LM; Pat [Renns]
CM; Ben [Bathseagull]
CM; JUSTIN
RM; Sam [Zesh Rehman]

CF; SHAOLIN PUNK
CF; SAV

good work Simon :clap:

and for anyone who doesnt know Sav (everyone) he is a very decent footballer, and will be there :clap:

Last edited:

shaolinpunk

Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I can vouch for Justin's participation. He'll be there (unless he's ill or there is an emergency or something, obv)

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
i'll be there still, Centreback or Centre Forward :wave:

Last edited:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
That looks a good starting XI. No Dean Cox stylee tantrums from those that get subbed though, it is a friendly after all.

As manager, I decree that we will be playing in BLUE AND WHITE STRIPES.

Shorts ideally should be BLUE, but I don't think the referee will kick up a fuss if you wear a different colour.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
El Presidente said:
That looks a good starting XI. No Dean Cox stylee tantrums from those that get subbed though, it is a friendly after all.

As manager, I decree that we will be playing in BLUE AND WHITE STRIPES.

Shorts ideally should be BLUE, but I don't think the referee will kick up a fuss if you wear a different colour.

Would have though shorts would be white, as per home kit

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here