Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion v Doncaster fans, Saturday 11am Waterhall

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
YEY LENNON....

I'll be available if needed... Can someone fill me in here - is Hiney now the NSC Albion manager or is Rumble still doing it?! or GAFFER?? - Rumble you better come along anyway - will be just like old times.. ARE the albion playing that day vs Donny yeh? i know thats a bit thick of me..

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
sheebo said:
YEY LENNON....

I'll be available if needed... Can someone fill me in here - is Hiney now the NSC Albion manager or is Rumble still doing it?! or GAFFER?? - Rumble you better come along anyway - will be just like old times.. ARE the albion playing that day vs Donny yeh? i know thats a bit thick of me..

I should clarify things here - I do NOT want to tread on anyone's toes. I know Andy and Dave have been heavily involved in previous games involving a NSC/REMF team.

My involvement in the Donny game up there kind of happened by accident in that Hans Kraay Fan Club and El Pres sorted out the team, from people who were prepared to leave the South Coast at some HORRIFIC time of the morning and drive to Doncaster to play a game.

My role as 'Manager' involved shouting 'come on you stripes' a few times, handing out the oranges and water at half time and, most importantly, providing the team with lager and cider at the end of the game. I did well, though I say so myself, but the responsibility for the team tactics etc, more or less took care of itself.

Bearing in mind this game is in Brighton and there will be more selection issues to resolve, I am more than happy to let those who have done it before sort things out - Andy, Dave, this is not an attempt to muscle in on your brilliant work over the years.

I know that a few of the blokes who played in Doncaster can't play the return leg so we will need some more players but by the same token, it would be good if as many of those who did play that game could play again.

It's a BASTARD of a job but someone's got to do it and I'm happy to do what I can without pissing anyone off.

:thumbsup:

Last edited:

justin

Feb 2, 2007
Brighton
as said before i would like to play... any position im flexible! :clap2: :clap:

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I prefer attacking roles, but I too can/will play anyway (except in goal, i'm shockingly bad >_> )

I should point out that I'm not even close to match fitness so putting me in centre mid might not be a wise move...

although I'm going to hazard a guess and say I won't be the only one who'll be huffing and puffing after a few minutes :lolol:

Last edited:

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
centre defence or striker for me

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I'm not that great, but I can help out if required.

I'm left-footed, either defence or midfield.

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
lets not start talking about position yet, when we played at donny we decided where to play a matter of seconds before kick off and it all worked out.

(im staying on right wing :p )

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Frutos said:
I'm not that great, but I can help out if required.

I'm left-footed, either defence or midfield.

Are you actually the real Frutos? You sound just like him.:lolol:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
hans kraay fan club said:
Are you actually the real Frutos? You sound just like him.:lolol:

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

I'm 6'5'', English and I don't have a squeaky voice, so that'd be a no. :)

The real one is a far better player than me, I can assure you of that.

Last edited:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Rumble/Gaffer - R u gonna help sort this - maybe a DOUBLE TEAM with Hiney..

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Dont think it really needs Rumble/Gaffer to be honest, was sorted ok last time and as we have quite a few players already we dont need to organise a team as such.

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
Da Man Clay said:
Dont think it really needs Rumble/Gaffer to be honest, was sorted ok last time and as we have quite a few players already we dont need to organise a team as such.

agreed, it worked out fine last time. Had 11 players and organised positions when we got there.

justin

Feb 2, 2007
Brighton
how is this going to be sorted out? priority to the first fans that played then draw from a hat??

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Im sure as many can turn up as they want, there was 27 donny players last time. I think the first fans should start though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here