Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion v Daily Mail FIGHT!

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
The Daily fail is worse than the Sun . . .

This.

The Mail somehow professes to be a higher quality paper but actually peddles the same sensationalist rubbish under the auspices of higher quality factual reporting. The garbage they put out on Covid was a sight to behold before I just stopped reading it online.

Like it or loathe it, at least The Sun is unpretentious. The Mail epitomises the absolute worst in journalism.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

gruntage

Jan 14, 2008
Bristol
I still find it hard to believe people read this pile of shit in the 21st Century. Actually I find it hard to believe it's ever been considered journalism.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The same Anthony Knockaert who is playing in the Championship, on loan with a view to buy?
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] the club has tweeted the matter is in the hand of club lawyers.

Errrm, yes, as it says in my opening post.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
He is, but he's not playing for us this season. So what will the rest of the season in the Premier League have to do with him?

Rien.

Well, TBF, Knockaert is a Brighton player and has questioned the restarting of the Premier League.

That bit may be one of the few factually correct statements in the article.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The day I imagine the Fail (or The Sun) doing any harm to me, my things, the things I love, my reputation (etc etc) or my club is the day I shit in my hat and punch it.

Still, Tony sould sue the absolute farque out of them.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Well, TBF, Knockaert is a Brighton player and has questioned the restarting of the Premier League.

That bit may be one of the few factually correct statements in the article.

It’s unlikely that a player on loan at Fulham would be part of an imaginary BHA player delegation to management. If they are just saying that Knockaert opposes the restart, well its irrelevant really.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Errrm, yes, as it says in my opening post.

It wasn’t for your information but a reminder to others that what we post may be picked up by journalists.
It wouldn’t be the first time opinions on here have been used in the press.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Joke of a paper..under the umbrella of journalism ...total bllx

Underlining that the old saying "There's no smoke without fire" has always been bollocks, as proven by the behaviour of the UK's tabloids. Their 'journalists', writers and editors routinely lie. always have done.

Sadly millions of thicko's love these comics and absorb the fiction as facts.

Last edited:

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
It’s unlikely that a player on loan at Fulham would be part of an imaginary BHA player delegation to management. If they are just saying that Knockaert opposes the restart, well its irrelevant really.

When I first read the article.last night I read it as saying he was part of that delegation which is why I thought at the time the story was likely to have more Holes

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
This.

The Mail somehow professes to be a higher quality paper but actually peddles the same sensationalist rubbish under the auspices of higher quality factual reporting. The garbage they put out on Covid was a sight to behold before I just stopped reading it online.

Like it or loathe it, at least The Sun is unpretentious. The Mail epitomises the absolute worst in journalism.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well said . . .I also think it's reflected in their readership . . .The Sun is read by neanderthals who are unashamed, whereas closet racists and pretend middle classes read the mail . . . 'oh some of my friends are black/gay' whatever . . .you are a closet fascist/racist/bigot/deplorable British subject.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I admit to regularly visiting the Daily Fail website - but only to read Martin Samuel, who is consistently one of the best sports columnists out there IMO. Even then its an ad-infested video-festooned clickbait NIGHTMARE of a site to visit, but its worth it (just about) for his input, I've been reading him for years since he was at The Times. Shame he writes for such a shitty rag now. The rest of it is utter, utter BILGE.

They've always had some weird obsession with papping players in their cars coming and going from training. Why, I have never had the slightest idea. Never been able to work that one out. Imagine that being your actual job - hanging around outside the gates of a PL training ground all morning, just to snatch a glassy reflective shot of Granit Xhaka coming and going in his Porsche Cayenne.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
I admit to regularly visiting the Daily Fail website - but only to read Martin Samuel, who is consistently one of the best sports columnists out there IMO. Even then its an ad-infested video-festooned clickbait NIGHTMARE of a site to visit, but its worth it (just about) for his input, I've been reading him for years since he was at The Times. Shame he writes for such a shitty rag now. The rest of it is utter, utter BILGE.

They've always had some weird obsession with papping players in their cars coming and going from training. Why, I have never had the slightest idea. Never been able to work that one out. Imagine that being your actual job - hanging around outside the gates of a PL training ground all morning, just to snatch a glassy reflective shot of Granit Xhaka coming and going in his Porsche Cayenne.

I have to declare a bit of a personal interest here but there genuinely is a lot of good writing on the site.

In terms of the papping, that's almost always done by agencies now. There are all sorts of reasons why they do it. The other week, for example, a photographer took a quick few of Zlatan training with his local club and it went round the world and probably made him loads.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I have to declare a bit of a personal interest here but there genuinely is a lot of good writing on the site.

In terms of the papping, that's almost always done by agencies now. There are all sorts of reasons why they do it. The other week, for example, a photographer took a quick few of Zlatan training with his local club and it went round the world and probably made him loads.

But why ?

They are literally the most disinteresting pics you could ever view. What am I missing here ?

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
But why ?

They are literally the most disinteresting pics you could ever view. What am I missing here ?

Oh yeah, they're dull.

Off the top of my noggin...
Romero and Boateng skidding their cars recently on the way to training
Various iterations of the Berkovic incident
Auba turning up in his ridiculous motors
Three types of images - on the pitch, out doing stuff, at training; the first two can look out of place with certain types of stories, sometimes photographers are restricted from actually photographing the training pitch

Sorry to inform there are gonna be a lot more over the next few weeks with teams going back. The day Barca returned was mad.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Oh yeah, they're dull.

Off the top of my noggin...
Romero and Boateng skidding their cars recently on the way to training
Various iterations of the Berkovic incident
Auba turning up in his ridiculous motors
Three types of images - on the pitch, out doing stuff, at training; the first two can look out of place with certain types of stories, sometimes photographers are restricted from actually photographing the training pitch

Sorry to inform there are gonna be a lot more over the next few weeks with teams going back. The day Barca returned was mad.

F*** Bernardo crossed the lights In front of me at the bottom of Hove Street with his dog on Wednesday and I never got a photo.
Got Davy, Matty and Franco at 7am last Sunday Hove seafront. I’m rich!

DA96C6E5-938B-46FA-8179-174A4DCA1F60.jpeg

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
F*** Bernardo crossed the lights In front of me at the bottom of Hove Street with his dog on Wednesday and I never got a photo.
Got Davy, Matty and Franco at 7am last Sunday Hove seafront. I’m rich!

View attachment 124050

Flog it to a tabloid as proof that an overpaid privileged PL footballer attempts to vandalise a street sign.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here