[Albion] Albion v Brentford Official thing ********

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
How was Pedro playing the championship. Incredible talent.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
:lolol:

You going to be saying that when one of our key players ends up with a broken leg tonight?

They're literally Pulis's Stoke team reincarnated, but because they've got foreign players and a foreign manager they don't get the same grief for it. Good club with good fans but they're a f***ing dreadful side.
Absolute nonsense. Dreadful sides don't finish where they finished last season.

And were a stoppage time penalty away from taking six points off us FFS.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I won't comment on a players performance too harshly when it's a friendly.
There is a couple of players who are playing well within their limits, but I can see once the season starts, they'll have the bit between their teeth.
having said that, I want our defence to buck up a bit!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Same old from us, which is nice

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Who would have thought that last season, a sizeable crowd were shouting for a striker, while now, we have

Pedro, Adingra, Mitoma, Ferguson, Undav, Welbeck.

Now we just need to squeeze them all in.

Hell of a bonus Adingra is proving, no wonder Sarmiento has been loaned. His goal tonight I thought had shades of the famous Michael Owen one against Argentina

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
You don’t want to overdo it, but Henry was exactly who came to mind for me too.

Something about how he carries himself and the ball. His balance and turn of pace.

Really, really exciting.
I really am overdoing it now as it his peak, he was the best striker ever, but he actually reminds me of his compatriot R9 more than Henry.

Obviously I’m not saying he’s good as him (yet!) but definite similarities with the way he holds off defenders and runs with the ball.

I’m astonished at how good he looks.

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
I can't understand what he was doing at Watford in the Championship really. You'd have thought a bigger club than us would have snapped him up as soon as Watford went down. Unbelievable that we got him a full season later imo.
This. Was it not true Newcastle and Milan were also interested?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I can't understand what he was doing at Watford in the Championship really. You'd have thought a bigger club than us would have snapped him up as soon as Watford went down. Unbelievable that we got him a full season later imo.
Newcastle may well have had him take a medical, they got so close. But the temptation to divert the £30m cash plus another £40m on Isak was just too much.

The irony of course is that by the end of next year, a £70m+ valuation is very possible for JP.

Brentford creating lot of chances

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports