[Albion] Albion v Brentford Official thing ********

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

João Pedro and Adingra look a level above Enciso and Buonaotte don't they? I guess they should given they're a little older but my word we have some attacking talent.
Yeh their greater pace looks better fit for this end to end harum sacrum game, maybe in more tactical games the other guys’ more technical skills will be more effective - we are trying to build two teams to compete with way more games this season so we’ll need variety

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Some very harsh comments on here for only our second pre season friendly, normally we are playing against Dunstable reserves or something…

Give the players time, the ones who aren’t quite sharp enough yet will get there, it’s just part of pre season .

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Gilmour is really, really growing into his role.
I'm gonna say this now, after about 60 minutes of seeing him play for us, João Pedro is the most exciting player I've ever seen play for us. I'm almost disbelieving at how good he is. His intelligence, his strength, that huge but graceful talent. It's like watching peak Henry. The guy is a serious player.

Zeus

Jan 10, 2022
Brentford are f***ing shit tbh. One of my best mates is a Bees fan (he's flown out for this game) and he won't have any of it. I referred to their playing style as 'primitive' last time we met up, he was livid. But ffs, they totally rely on tactical fouls, long balls, buying free kicks, wasting time. It's so shit to watch.
They play to their strengths and do it well. They are far from shit and fair play to them for competing well above their means.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
What is Adingra's best position? He's been on the left today but was on the right against Chelsea.
I saw he floated over to the right a bit towards the end of the half so can he play anywhere across the front?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'm gonna say this now, after about 60 minutes of seeing him play for us, João Pedro is the most exciting player I've ever seen play for us. I'm almost disbelieving at how good he is. His intelligence, his strength, that huge but graceful talent. It's like watching peak Henry. The guy is a serious player.
You don’t want to overdo it, but Henry was exactly who came to mind for me too.

Something about how he carries himself and the ball. His balance and turn of pace.

Really, really exciting.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
A very decent 1st half of football with both teams offering plenty going forward.

Pedro running in full flow with the ball is majestic.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
I took it with a pinch of salt when Watford fans were saying similar, I think a few even said £30m was cheap. He’s been excellent in both games the signs are really positive

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
2nd pre season game of the season FFS. Some of the comments on here are laughable.

Players are nowhere near in terms of sharpness and full fitness. If that means the likes of Adingra and Pedro are going to get even better we are in for a hell of a season from these Two.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
To be honest, I was pretty shocked when we spent £30m on him. Our record transfer (by a lot) for a team that likes a sub £10m bargain. But as you demonstrate, that looks like stunning value already. As others have said, keeping him out the team is going to be almost impossible for Ferguson, Welbeck, Undav, Lallana, Enciso and Buonanotte. RDZ will pick him for ALL our big games.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
They play to their strengths and do it well. They are far from shit and fair play to them for competing well above their means.
:lolol:

You going to be saying that if one of our key players ends up with a broken leg tonight?

They're literally Pulis's Stoke team reincarnated, but because they've got foreign players and a foreign manager they don't get the same grief for it. Good club with good fans but they're a f***ing dreadful side.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I can't understand what he was doing at Watford in the Championship really. You'd have thought a bigger club than us would have snapped him up as soon as Watford went down. Unbelievable that we got him a full season later imo.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports