Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion U23s v Newcastle U23s - 7pm tonight at the Checkatrade.com Stadium (also on Player)

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Must have had 80% of the ball and yet could not create enough chances. Seem to play with no out and out striker so if we go behind it is difficult to come back. Having said that I thought we passed the ball well, but like the first team cannot convert possession into goals. Alunga missed a sitter with the last kick of the game to get a well deserved draw. The biggest worry is that we don't look to have any strikers coming thru other than Mcguire- Drew who is out on loan. Harper subbed again tonight and looking as if he will not make the grade. Jason Molumby looks the best prospect in the under 23's. Adekugbe went off injured and White played so does not look as if any youngsters other than Hunt will play against Reading tomorrow.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Sure I read somewhere that he is injured.

He was replaced in injury time at the end of the first half of the U-23s fixture against Fulham on August 26 and hasn't appeared since. I didn't see the stream so don't know what the injury was, but given that he was actually substituted in injury time (and they didn't wait until half-time) suggests that it was somewhat significant.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
He was replaced in injury time at the end of the first half of the U-23s fixture against Fulham on August 26 and hasn't appeared since. I didn't see the stream so don't know what the injury was, but given that he was actually substituted in injury time (and they didn't wait until half-time) suggests that it was somewhat significant.

Any idea who their number 11 was ?

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Any idea who their number 11 was ?

Do you mean Newcastle? If so, it was Callum Roberts:-

ToonU23.jpg

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
The academy players have just had their photos taken. Henrik Bjordal has posted his to his instagram page today with the caption "Been injured for two months now.. but I will come back stronger than ever"

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I bounced this thread as it seemed the most appropriate place to report that Bjordal had indeed been injured.

This match was played 10 days ago.

I didnt realize that and took it by the title. perhaps I should pay more attention to the U23s fixtures and less about worrying about signing a 4th striker,.

reigate

Nov 10, 2005
Don't know about Howell, but it was reported at the end of August that Towell needed two weeks of complete rest before returning to training. Haven't heard anything since then.

From today's argus

Irish midfielder Richie Towell is back running after knee trouble which has ruled him out of contention so far this season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here