Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion U21s v Swansea City U21s, U21 Premier League Cup, Lancing, tonight 7:30pm

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
I don't THINK U21 matches count, so I hope we can finally find him a loan, health problems notwithstanding. Maybe loans for one or two others too. Samuels perhaps, maybe Hinchy, Duffus? Seem the most likely ................. interesting times. Nine days to go.........!
I think Samuels is just back from a lengthy injury so not sure if they’d rather keep him and manage his minutes. Was the main threat first half tonight another decent player, Hinchy definitely out on loan I think, captain of the team and would do well at a League 1/2 side. Duffus, I’m not too sure on, seems very raw and bites at a lot of shots, seems to get easily wound up, but is explosive when he shoots/runs. I think at a League 1/2 he’d get kicked about too much and not really develop.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
ok thanks.... I wonder whether he had been injured and whether anything had been said by the commentator.....
I'm not aware of any injury. He missed some games for the U-21s in early December but he was being named on the bench for the first team at the exact same time. He was out with the first team squad in Dubai recently. I suspect that they are just managing his minutes. Plus, you have to have some degree of squad rotation to enable other players to get playing time. As it was, today's matchday squad didn't involve the likes of Cahill, McConville, Peupion, Slater, Mullins, Atom, Peart, Tasker, Ifill, Flower......

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I think Samuels is just back from a lengthy injury so not sure if they’d rather keep him and manage his minutes. Was the main threat first half tonight another decent player, Hinchy definitely out on loan I think, captain of the team and would do well at a League 1/2 side. Duffus, I’m not too sure on, seems very raw and bites at a lot of shots, seems to get easily wound up, but is explosive when he shoots/runs. I think at a League 1/2 he’d get kicked about too much and not really develop.
Interesting: I remain unconvinced by Samuels and I like what Duffus offers!

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Is there any reason why O'Mahoney didn't start, i watched from about 30 mins to 5 but then had to cook dinner....
They seem to rotate in this cup competition, was in Dubai with first team so wasn’t included in the Zagreb game presumably for that.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Interesting: I remain unconvinced by Samuels and I like what Duffus offers!
His crossing is very good that’s what I’ve noticed, but not sure about him at the back. Duffus feels like the sort of player we keep around the 21s and first team in my opinion, rather than loan, but would be good to see him against men’s sides. It’s good to see that pretty much every player I can see slotting into the first team, rather than a load essentially filling up the numbers like in previous years.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
His crossing is very good that’s what I’ve noticed, but not sure about him at the back. Duffus feels like the sort of player we keep around the 21s and first team in my opinion, rather than loan, but would be good to see him against men’s sides. It’s good to see that pretty much every player I can see slotting into the first team, rather than a load essentially filling up the numbers like in previous years.
It's amazing to see the U21s and how they are developed into the style of play .

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I'm not aware of any injury. He missed some games for the U-21s in early December but he was being named on the bench for the first team at the exact same time. He was out with the first team squad in Dubai recently. I suspect that they are just managing his minutes. Plus, you have to have some degree of squad rotation to enable other players to get playing time. As it was, today's matchday squad didn't involve the likes of Cahill, McConville, Peupion, Slater, Mullins, Atom, Peart, Tasker, Ifill, Flower......
It's amazing the number of players we have....

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Aston Villa are hosting Swansea City in the final group fixture for each of them this evening. Current score 1-1 (at half-time).

Anything other than a Villa win and we miss out on qualifying for the knockout stages.

If Villa win, we have to beat Hull on Monday to progress.

(On the bright side, Shannon Ruth can't complain about the players coming in for HIS squad, so at least HE won't be storming off into the sunset :lol: )

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
That's us out then? Oh bugger, another trophy we can't win this season. Just the FA Cup or the Europa League now then. Oh for that sort of 'failure' twenty years ago!

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
That's us out then? Oh bugger, another trophy we can't win this season. Just the FA Cup or the Europa League now then. Oh for that sort of 'failure' twenty years ago!
No! We’re still in this one, we’re out the FA Trophy. A good goal swing against Hull and we are into the knockouts.

EDIT: Oh shit we are out. Nevermind. We shall win the PL international cup instead.

EDIT 2: We aren’t officially out, if we beat Hull 9-0 we are through 😂

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here