Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion U21s v Blackburn Rovers U21s - 7pm tonight at the Checkatrade.com Stadium

tubby

Aug 15, 2008
I have seen most of the home games and have not been impressed with Harper. In fact there was no one playing last night who will get anywhere near the first team. I believe Towell is over 21 hence why he hasn't played, although he could play if picked. We had a discussion last night at the game about reserve team football v U21 football and in my opinion U21 football is a waste of time and we should revert to reserve teams instead. Last night there was alack of effort and other than one tackle, which earned a booking, there was a lack of commitment. If we played reserve football the likes of Towell, Holla etc could keep match fit in case of an injury crisis and the U21s could gain experience playing with and against old pros and experience a more physical side of the game to prepare them for first team football.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I have seen most of the home games and have not been impressed with Harper. In fact there was no one playing last night who will get anywhere near the first team. I believe Towell is over 21 hence why he hasn't played, although he could play if picked. We had a discussion last night at the game about reserve team football v U21 football and in my opinion U21 football is a waste of time and we should revert to reserve teams instead. Last night there was alack of effort and other than one tackle, which earned a booking, there was a lack of commitment. If we played reserve football the likes of Towell, Holla etc could keep match fit in case of an injury crisis and the U21s could gain experience playing with and against old pros and experience a more physical side of the game to prepare them for first team football.

You can pick 3 or 4 over 21s though so if they need a game they do get one.

Its our 1st or 2nd Season in the Cat 1 U21 league ? so it will take a while to get our heads around that and players on board to make a better fist of it.

on top of that when the likes of Holla, Elvis and afew other have played in the U21 games its not like they have stood out !

Tilley is the one that always stands out to me, I like him a lot

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here