Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion U21s v Blackburn Rovers U21s - 7pm tonight at Ewood Park

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
"biting at my criticism" Not sure what that is all about.

The point i'm making is that our kids seem to be inferior to other clubs with category 1 status. Obviously it could take years to see some top talent come through. I know our setup has only been going for a couple of years and it's still early days.

Our youngsters(19 as you put it) get loaned out to non league clubs and a splattering of league clubs but rarely last a month.

Patrick Bamford who was 19 was being loaned out for the season(not a month) in league 1 and at Championship level was banging in goals and getting raves reviews.

The whole point i'm making is that i want to reach that level where we could produce players like Bamford.

I think you make some valid points and is something you would expect to be routinely analysed by our coaching staff.

From a young players perspective I would need to know if the loan is a genuine opportunity for me to gain valuable experience or is it a loan to just offer me some playing time that wouldnt be offered here at my club., both scenarios offer a better outcome in terms of playing but perhaps offer different outcomes in terms of how my club see my future prospects.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here