Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion U21s at Steyning Town Tonight (15th)

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
International break ? Who cares. You can come along and watch the Albion U21s at Steyning Town tonight. BIG match for the club. Parking available at the school (BN44 3RQ - right next to the ground). Pay on the gate. See our young lads and support local football - what is not to like.
Albion2.jpg

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
.....and a good half a team of U21s away on international duty! Could be a good time for Steyning to play us? Good luck to the lads remaining - it may not be the greatest trophy in the world, but it's still a trophy and it would be god to win it (again)!

el punal

.....and a good half a team of U21s away on international duty! Could be a good time for Steyning to play us? Good luck to the lads remaining - it may not be the greatest trophy in the world, but it's still a trophy and it would be god to win it (again)!
It’s about time God gave someone else a chance.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Our SSC side is usually U18s I think.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Is it? Fair enough I suppose. It would be a bit unfair if we played our first team - but I hope we pepper the U18s with a few older heads anyway. I think it's a voluntary thing that we don't put out the first team, isn't it? - so maybe we could slip in one or two that need some game time!

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Only ONE of the players that featured in the last Sussex Senior Cup match (at Shoreham five weeks ago) is away on international duty.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Its a mix, Barrington, Flower, Duffus all featured at Shoreham. As well as some more peripheral U21 squad members.

This was the team in the last round think the entire starting XI have featured for the 21s this season barring Ryan. @AZ Gull can of course correct me.

IMG_8054.jpeg

Last edited:

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Its a mix, Barrington, Flower, Duffus all featured at Shoreham. As well as some more peripheral U21 squad members.

This was the team in the last round think the entire starting XI have featured for the 21s this season barring Ryan. @AZ Gull can of course correct me.

View attachment 169854
That was the only appearance so far this season for goalkeeper Hugo Fisher - he subsequently joined National League South Weymouth on an emergency loan and made three starts.

Charlie Tasker has only made one other appearance (in the U-21 PL Cup), Kain Ryan's only other appearance this season was a pretty disastrous 45 minutes for the Stoke City U-21s in a 10-1 defeat at Manchester United in August and Joe Knight has just a couple of other appearances for the side. But yes, it was a bit of a stronger line-up than I expected.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Only ONE of the players that featured in the last Sussex Senior Cup match (at Shoreham five weeks ago) is away on international duty.
But a good number who could have played tonight are away on international duty! Anyway, hope we've got the right balance to get the three points tonight!

Last edited:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Very good.

(at that moment I was talking about Steyning Town!)

Anyway - see Gary Dicker's lads in action, it's going to be a lovely evening, and both teams will be playing the beautiful game.
Gary Dicker will be able to walk to the ground from his house, him being a Steyning local.

I'm about to leave, looking forward to seeing my hometown club against the Albion. I will feed back later on what I have seen.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Very good.

(at that moment I was talking about Steyning Town!)

Anyway - see Gary Dicker's lads in action, it's going to be a lovely evening, and both teams will be playing the beautiful game.
Surely it’s Shannon Ruth’s lads. He is head Coach for U21

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
2-1 Steyning currently and Albion down to 10 men

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here