Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion U21 v Lyon U21 7.30pm International Cup

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Agree she was very good. Let play go on and was not taken in by players rolling about. Does she do EFL games ?
She missed some pretty bad ones in front of us, but refreshing change from the poor refs we normally get.

Thought we were a little fortunate…..

Mahoney looked great movement wise, great finish and unlucky with the diving header.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
We’ve got this lads!!! Big hopes for us tomorrow night in Lyon - I’ll be there at the Groupama Stadium to cheer us on. How many are we taking? I hope Chris McPhee is fit and ready to put them to the épée

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Was in attendance at Lancing tonight.
WOW, what a talent Joe Knight is. Sublime performance. So calm on the ball. Loves a tackle. Can spray a long pass when needed. Good talker and organiser for an 18 year old.
He plays a very similar game to Hinshelwood, another one on the Albion conveyor belt.
And O’Mahoney scoring goals, one chance, one goal. Clinical in front of goal like that other Irish striker we have on our books.
O’Mahony holds the ball up better than Ferguson.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
O’Mahony holds the ball up better than Ferguson.
O’Mahony isn’t playing Premier League football against the best centre-backs in the world - yet.

It’s a far cry from playing U21 football to playing senior football - it’s an even further cry to play well in the best league in world football against centre-backs who are the strongest, quickest and most talented in the country.

He might develop and break through, but you’ve literally never seen him play senior football, let alone against world class, experienced centre-backs like Ferguson has faced every single league match for us.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
This win could be season-defining.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Joe Knight, McConville and O’Mahoney are names that I think we will be hearing a lot of again. I remember seeing McConville last season and thinking he could be our next Lewis Dunk.
Joe Knight seems to have it all, and O’Mahoney will be our Ferguson replacement.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
1000024873.png

southwestgull

Oct 29, 2022
Was in attendance at Lancing tonight.
WOW, what a talent Joe Knight is. Sublime performance. So calm on the ball. Loves a tackle. Can spray a long pass when needed. Good talker and organiser for an 18 year old.
He plays a very similar game to Hinshelwood, another one on the Albion conveyor belt.
And O’Mahoney scoring goals, one chance, one goal. Clinical in front of goal like that other Irish striker we have on our books.
Joe knight used to dive into his challenges on the pitch earlier this year which unturned into him getting a lot of bookings and the occasional sending of .now he is so much more mature in his game

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
A solid performance from the team tonight. I liked the look of Atom at the back, Knight caught the eye in CM, O'Mahony is excelling at this level and looks ready for a bigger challenge. I thought Duffus was disappointing, while Peupion has got all the tricks.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Serious question. What are our FBs like at that level. Before Hinshlewood who played midfield for U21s got in 1st team surely these players must have thought they had a chance.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
A solid performance from the team tonight. I liked the look of Atom at the back, Knight caught the eye in CM, O'Mahony is excelling at this level and looks ready for a bigger challenge. I thought Duffus was disappointing, while Peupion has got all the tricks.

With Atom, we’ve the nucleus of a good team.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Imar
Serious question. What are our FBs like at that level. Before Hinshlewood who played midfield for U21s got in 1st team surely these players must have thought they had a chance.
imari Samuels is the left back, he’s always looked pretty good to me when I’ve watched him (the Bristol Street Motors games). It’s a big step up but I thought he’d fill in alright when we’re missing Estupinan March and Milner (which has happened a couple of times).

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
This has perplexed me all season. We are critically short of full backs on both sides, and none of the players developed to play those positions seem to have had a look in, even as cover on the first-team bench.

Casper Nilsson particularly always seems a pretty solid right back, who you'd think would be worthy of consideration. Imari Samuels went on the US tour and looked promising on the left, but again, doesn't seem to be considered for first-team cover.

This isn't new either - over the last few seasons there have been a number of promising full backs, in the U23s who haven't ever been afforded an opportunity - Alex Cochrane perhaps most notably.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here