Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion U18s v Leeds Utd U18s, FA Youth Cup 4th Rd, Saturday 3:00pm, Lancing Training Ground

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Probably been the better team so far without creating any proper chances. Seem to be missing a natural centre forward.
Poor goal to give away on the break.
Zane Albarus has been busy in the middle

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Probably been the better team so far without creating any proper chances. Seem to be missing a natural centre forward.
Poor goal to give away on the break.
Zane Albarus has been busy in the middle
What’s the latest?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
0-3

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
0-4
Shocking second half

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
And out we go.
Heads went down after the second and we never looked like getting back into it.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
team sheet for those interested

Attachments

• IMG_6481.jpeg
    IMG_6481.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 85

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Albion U-18s host Leeds United at the American Express Elite Football Performance Centre tomorrow (Saturday) in the 4th round of the FA Youth Cup (the most prestigious of the competitions for the U-18s). Albion won 4-1 at Harrogate Town at the end of November in the third round while the Whites beat Norwich City 2-0 (just six days after Albion had been thrashed by the Canaries 6-1 at home).

Of course, player development is always the name of the game in the academy but the U-18s' season has been somewhat mediocre so far in terms of results; they sit 9th (out of 13 teams) in the U-18 Premier League South with 12 points. Leeds play in the U-18 Premier League North and currently sit 6th with 17 points (having played a couple more matches).

Albion actually played Leeds last season in the group stages of the U-18 Premier League Cup and won 4-0, with two goals from Harry Mills and one each from Bailey Smith and Jaydon Fuller.

Albion should have a pretty full squad to choose from. Joe Knight and Remiero Moulton started for the U-21s against Zagreb on Wednesday but were subbed in the second half and should be available; U-16 pair Freddie Simmonds and Harry Howell also started in that match but likewise should be available for selection. Centre-back Charlie Penman had a very promising first scholar year in 2022-23 and even made some appearances for the U-21s but he has missed playing time recently with injury; he returned as a sub last week so hopefully will be in the mix. Jaydon Fuller also returned last week after being out for 13 months so probably won't be in the squad.

Here is the potential starting line-up tomorrow:-

Lorenz Ferdinand; Charlie Tasker, Charlie Penman, Freddie Simmonds (U-16), Harry Mills; Zane Albarus, Joe Knight, Sahil Bashir; Harry Howell (U-16), Joe Belmont, Remiero Moulton.

Subs to be selected from:-

Alfie Mansell (GK), Harry Lee, Jacob Vickers, Corbin Mthunzi, Yussif Moro Owusu, Callum Mackley, Ronnie Gorman, Layth Gulzar, Shane Nti, Nehemiah Oriola and Aidan West.
I’ve learned my lesson about commenting on results from last time. So long as the development of players is happening on track, it should be fine, I was told on here.

Are there quite a few playing out of group, so to speak? No Tasker today who’s been in a few U21 squads. Howell played up though, meaning he’s played U16, U18 and U21. Must be more AZ?

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I’ve learned my lesson about commenting on results from last time. So long as the development of players is happening on track, it should be fine, I was told on here.

Are there quite a few playing out of group, so to speak? No Tasker today who’s been in a few U21 squads. Howell played up though, meaning he’s played U16, U18 and U21. Must be more AZ?
The only two players missing from the squad today that you probably would have wanted involved are Tasker and Penman. Can't blame this thrashing on the absence of players.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

The shoeings Jack Hinshelwood experienced at u15 & 16 doesn’t seem to have done him much harm….(he was there watching this afternoon incidentally).

Anyway, second best for much of the game today. Leeds always in control, their keeper didn’t have a lot to do. 4-0 not an unfair reflection of the balance of play….some bad defensive errors (collectively) didn’t help.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

Simmonds is u16 too

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Hmmm...I know it's only the goal action but lacklustre and half-hearted are the two words that immediately spring to mind watching this:-

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
That’s not good enough. I would say at U18 we are more likely to be picking local kids but by U21 we have moved further out hence our success.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here