Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion U-21s v Reading U-21s - Tonight 7pm @ Culver Road

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Scored 1 in 12 games for Torquay and could not make the bench for Rochdale in Div 1 so not that brilliant stats. What makes anybody think he could do it for us in The Championship if needed against Rotherham on Saturday.

I don't think anyone is suggesting he is an answer to our striking problems, but it is churlish to consign him to non-league already.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
What is rubbish an 18 year old from Chelsea now in our developement squad with a 2 yr contract compared to a 20 year old only ever played for Tonbridge Angels, Torquay on loan and our DS, any difference? Kandi is said to be very quick, something we are missing, and for 10 mins what was there to lose

Rubbish in writing off a player that you've hardly seen play and bigging up another player that I doubt you've seen play at all.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
This was based on their respective up bringing. Fenelon has shown he is not ready for the first team but still he was on the bench on Saturday due to very little option. We had a similar situation some years ago when an unknown striker was pushed onto the bench, a certain Peter Ward, whatever happened to him? What has happened to Ince since being released by Chelsea as having no future?

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Because he was last week. I thought trialists were always shown as trialists.

Even in the argus he isn't listed
Albion (from): Smith; Doherty; Barry, Hunt, Pappoe, Rea, Dallison, Harris, Starkey, Toko, Fenelon, Cole, Trialist, Kandi, Muitt, Deen, Davis, Wiltshire.

I think you are getting confused between the official teamsheet, and a club not wishing to announce that they have players on trial.

I would have thought (and maybe a qualified referee on here could confirm) that a teamsheet for an official match (rather than just a friendly) would HAVE to list all players by name - otherwise why have the requirement for a teamsheet in the first place?

However, the club may choose to simply refer to trialists as such when they put something out on their own media (or release information to local media). As far as I am aware, it was the Newcastle United website last week that first named Kandi and Sadlier as our trialists - and once the info is in the public domain, the local newspaper is then going to publish that info, as the Argus did in the match report the next day.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
This was based on their respective up bringing. Fenelon has shown he is not ready for the first team but still he was on the bench on Saturday due to very little option. We had a similar situation some years ago when an unknown striker was pushed onto the bench, a certain Peter Ward, whatever happened to him? What has happened to Ince since being released by Chelsea as having no future?

You can't write a player off because of their upbringing, Not every player who gets released by Chelsea is going to go on and have a good career whereas some players who get plucked out of a non league background go on to have great careers. Personally I don't like to judge a player until I've seen them play a few games at least and so far I've seen Fenelon once and Kandi not at all and I'm guessing you've not seen much more than that either.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Josh Smith and Rob Hunt sent off for Albion. Four sendings-off in two U-21 matches.

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Josh Smith and Rob Hunt sent off for Albion. Four sendings-off in two U-21 matches.

Goalie was mouthing off for the first yellow, then brought a guy down in the box for the second yellow. Didn't catch whether Hunt got straight red or second yellow? I assume second yellow as there was a lot of 'discussion' after Smith got his marching orders.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You can't write a player off because of their upbringing, Not every player who gets released by Chelsea is going to go on and have a good career whereas some players who get plucked out of a non league background go on to have great careers. Personally I don't like to judge a player until I've seen them play a few games at least and so far I've seen Fenelon once and Kandi not at all and I'm guessing you've not seen much more than that either.

Kandi played for us as a trialist and they must have seen enough to give him a 2 year contract. My point is that it was most unlikely that Fenelon would have come on last game and turned it around so an unlikely unknown sub may have worked we had nothing to lose and plenty to gain.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

A certain Peter Ward was firstly known by the management, a certain Peter Taylor secondly he was scoring for fun for Burton Albion. Added to which he started in the 3rd Division for us.

Finally different times, completely.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Goalie was mouthing off for the first yellow, then brought a guy down in the box for the second yellow. Didn't catch whether Hunt got straight red or second yellow? I assume second yellow as there was a lot of 'discussion' after Smith got his marching orders.

The official club twitter account and the Argus report that Hunt's was a second caution. When did he receive his first? That hasn't been reported (I'm a bit of a statto and record these things).

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
A certain Peter Ward was firstly known by the management, a certain Peter Taylor secondly he was scoring for fun for Burton Albion. Added to which he started in the 3rd Division for us.

Finally different times, completely.

Point of order it was Ken Gutteridge who knew Ward from being his manager at Burton.

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
The official club twitter account and the Argus report that Hunt's was a second caution. When did he receive his first? That hasn't been reported (I'm a bit of a statto and record these things).

Not sure, sorry.
Adkins was there, along with Wilkins, Crosby and Mr Jones was representing the Albion.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

I don't remember seeing Hunt get a first yellow. Smith was protesting that Reading's first goal was handball. It was dissent but harsh. It was the first time Reading had threatened the goal at all.
The ref seemed to lose control after that. He couldn't decide whether the foul for the penalty was within the area and spent ages talking to the assistant.
As with the first team, up to that point our youngsters were the better team and ended up losing.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I don't remember seeing Hunt get a first yellow. Smith was protesting that Reading's first goal was handball. It was dissent but harsh. It was the first time Reading had threatened the goal at all.
The ref seemed to lose control after that. He couldn't decide whether the foul for the penalty was within the area and spent ages talking to the assistant.
As with the first team, up to that point our youngsters were the better team and ended up losing.

Thanks TB.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here