[Albion] Albion tour in USA

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Goldstone 1975

Jan 23, 2017
Got cheap flights and match tickets for 3 games for the tour in July
Are many fans going from Brighton?
Any advice on what to do/where to stay in Philly or Atlanta?
Are there any planned fan meet ups?
Are the club likely to put on any fan events?

Jul 7, 2003
More likely formal Premier League events supported bu the club than specific Albion things.

The Blue Ridge Mountains are not far from Atlanta and if you want to celebrate Pascal, then a visit to the city of Helen is a must - a German town in Georgia.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
More likely formal Premier League events supported bu the club than specific Albion things.

The Blue Ridge Mountains are not far from Atlanta and if you want to celebrate Pascal, then a visit to the city of Helen is a must - a German town in Georgia.
I’d recommended the Blue Ridge Mountains too and try to visit the Shenandoah River. Life is old there, older than the trees. Younger than the mountains, growin' like a breeze.

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020
Firstly not all supporters (hate the word "fans") come from Brighton, looks like you booked your tickets hurriedly, then as an after thought, wondered whether anyone else was going ? These are hard times financially for many of your fellow supporters !

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Blinkin heck, I'd love to go but the price for tickets alone would mean I'd have to come out of retirement!

Not on your nelly

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
i wouldn’t do Shenandoah from Atlanta as it’s well over 500 miles. However, it would make a great road trip if you’re driving between games (Philly - Atlanta). The bad news … it’s a 16 hour drive.

If you do the road trip, go inland via Gettysburg (couple of hours out of Philadelphia) as that is quite something. Then pick up the Skyline Drive which has amazing views over the valley. A must for Civil War buffs.

Atlanta: visit Stone Mountain and Fat Matt’s Rib Shack. I always do the latter when I’m in town … dirt cheap, a taste of the south, belting food and a live band.

Then fly to NYC for the last game.

Personally, I’d fly to Atlanta as it’s pretty easy. Only problem, watch out for summer storms which often cause delays at this time of year … don’t depend on any tight flights to get to a game.

In my case, I’m going to skip it and get stuck into New Jersey like someone who has already visited every state and major city (except Detroit and Pittsburgh) … Georgia in July is even less appealing than Brentford 😝

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto

I don't know if the club will put on any events/meetups but I suspect the Premier League will.

Accommodation in Philly was very expensive when I booked mine but you will probably want to stay as close to city center as possible, as most of the touristy stuff is in walking distance. The stadium is in South Philly so you could stay there if you're only flying in and out for the match.

In terms of things to do in Philly, lots of museums and historical sites there, walking tours are always good and there may be a baseball game on depending what dates you're flying in/out.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Fabulous, the I am considerably richer than you thread - well done.

Going to write on the restaurant thread as well ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Firstly not all supporters (hate the word "fans") come from Brighton, looks like you booked your tickets hurriedly, then as an after thought, wondered whether anyone else was going ? These are hard times financially for many of your fellow supporters !
Harsh. His was a friendly post.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Fabulous, the I am considerably richer than you thread - well done.

Going to write on the restaurant thread as well ?
What’s up with everyone?

You (and me for that matter) are no strangers to mentioning on NSC the holidays we take. His post seems nothing more than friendly and enquiring.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports