Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion to sign Bournemouth reserves?

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I wonder if Albion would be interested in feeding upon some of our table scraps this transfer window. With four signings accomplished already, plus sweet whispers of deals for Kieran Trippier, Dimi Berbatov and Steven Caulker, we will need to free up some space. You may be the ideal destination for some of our more technically challenged players so get your chequebook out chaps.

Troll

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Oh, that's harsh.
Yes. a small ground,but pleasant nonetheless.
Not sure about the begging buckets and although history suggests the smaller promoted clubs struggle to stay in the prem, I reckon they will surprise a few and survive for at least as long as we stayed in the old 1st Division.
They have a very good manager and it will be interesting to see how they get on.
Meanwhile, unless I am going to be very surprised, I reckon we will be underwhelmed by our summer signings and will struggle to make an impact next season.
I hope I am wrong!

On the contrary, l feel that you will probably be proved right. To be quite honest Bournemouth's success embarrasses me. They are now, where we should have been after Gus's last season in charge, in the Premier League.

They made it whereas we didn't. It pains me to say it, but good luck to them

cunningplan

Apr 1, 2011
Sussex Coast
On the contrary, l feel that you will probably be proved right. To be quite honest Bournemouth's success embarrasses me. They are now, where we should have been after Gus's last season in charge, in the Premier League.

They made it whereas we didn't. It pains me to say it, but good luck to them

Good luck to Bournemouth.
The club and its fans thoroughly deserve this wonderful opportunity.

The AH who started this thread is not representative of the club.... just an AH

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
More like the fortunes of one club and hoped for misfortunes of other/s!
Just interested why you have such a dislike of them.

It's not all entirely rational, and nor should it have to be.

But since you ask, amongst other things, there is;

1. Eddie Howe's ridiculous hair.
2. The perpetual myth of 'plucky Bournemouth, performing miracles on a shoestring'.
3. The media love in based around point 2.
4. The cynical gamesmanship, typical to Howe's sides.
5. Matt Ritchie's appalling hair.
6. Matt Ritchie in general.
7. Callum Wilson's diving. Excellent player Wilson. No need for it.
8. Eddie Howe's ridiculous permanent smug grin.
9. The myth of Eddie Howe's 'loyalty and commitment' to his club. He left for money and poached their best player for a song.

There are more, but that will do for now.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

2. The perpetual myth of 'plucky Bournemouth, performing miracles on a shoestring'.
9. The myth of Eddie Howe's 'loyalty and commitment' to his club. He left for money and poached their best player for a song.

Ryan Fraser's enormous head, which additionally seems to have a negative effect upon his balance.

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta
Bournemouth ....

2KDvIMD.jpg

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
June

That made me smile....:)

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
This - it's fantastic when little clubs like Bournemouth can make it to the big time.
Let's face it, we are just jealous because we got the stadium, the training ground, the playoffs twice and Bournemouth have come along and done the business with the very players our club decided Weren't good enough to get us there!

Why would we have any issue with Bournemouth other than jealousy?

Yep they had a successful season, means nothing to me. I don't really like them because they don't like us .... but jealous ? That seems like the sort of suggestion that only one inflicted with could possibly remark. Strange consideration really, bit like saying you were jealous of Sepp Blatter just because you don't like him.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I think that they will do ok next season and finish just below mid table.
We could learn from their playing style and could use some decent, 'non superstar' players.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Unless good old Hoops makes it on to the elite referee's list Bournemouth will be in for a tough time next year.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
Good luck next year. You deserved promotion. Your style of play was great to watch although funnily enough I thought Derby were a much better team than you. We lost to you but beat Derby. Funny old game. I fear for you next year but I am sure you will take the odd scalp.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Why not? I don't like them, so I want them to lose - its really quite straightforward.

I want them to have a shit season, get relegated, then see the faceless Russian **** off with all the parachute money, upon which ('committed and loyal') Eddie Howe will **** off to another club and come back to poach their best players, like he did to them LAST time he walked out for money.

And yes -my primary concern is clearly on the Albion. I'm quite capable of following with interest, the fortunes of more than one club, though.

This all sounds familiar. Ahem, Blackpool!

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Are they going to change their badge before next season? I'm not sure I can deal with seeing an advert for WELLA on MOTD every week.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here