Albion to sign Bournemouth reserves?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
This is the problem with fans of tin pot clubs who don't have proper rivals to gloat at. They end up annoying everybody else.

Meanwhile personally I'll remember this post in a few years time when your no-mark club has the begging buckets out as it seems to have done for 99% of it's existence, even though your ground wouldn't look out of place in the Conference South.

Oh, that's harsh.
Yes. a small ground,but pleasant nonetheless.
Not sure about the begging buckets and although history suggests the smaller promoted clubs struggle to stay in the prem, I reckon they will surprise a few and survive for at least as long as we stayed in the old 1st Division.
They have a very good manager and it will be interesting to see how they get on.
Meanwhile, unless I am going to be very surprised, I reckon we will be underwhelmed by our summer signings and will struggle to make an impact next season.
I hope I am wrong!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
He will be all over this site* if they're even half competitive. As a side issue, I hope Southampton give them 500 tickets for their game at St Mary's.

Given their frankly embarrassing turnout at our place, for their promotion party, do you think they'll even NEED that many?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Oh, that's harsh.
Yes. a small ground,but pleasant nonetheless.
Not sure about the begging buckets and although history suggests the smaller promoted clubs struggle to stay in the prem, I reckon they will surprise a few and survive for at least as long as we stayed in the old 1st Division.
They have a very good manager and it will be very interesting to see how they get on.
Meanwhile, unless I am going to be very surprised, I reckon we will be underwhelmed by our summer signings and will struggle to make an impact next season.
I hope I am wrong!

I hope they do well, I really do. Their football is very easy on the eye. However, I also hope that pillocks like Cherry Gimp just nick off and leave us alone. They are no more rivals to us than Birmingham City.

D

Deleted member 22389

This is the problem with fans of tin pot clubs who don't have proper rivals to gloat at. They end up annoying everybody else.

Meanwhile personally I'll remember this post in a few years time when your no-mark club has the begging buckets out as it seems to have done for 99% of it's existence, even though your ground wouldn't look out of place in the Conference South.

If they start splashing out on transfer fees, long contracts with silly wages then get relegated and then fail to get promoted back, that money will not last long and with a club like Bournemouth it could eventually finish them off.
Someone has got to supply the money when the Premier League money runs out.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Why?
You'd be better off concerning yourself as to, whether or not, we will be a force to be reckoned with next season.

Why not? I don't like them, so I want them to lose - its really quite straightforward.

I want them to have a shit season, get relegated, then see the faceless Russian **** off with all the parachute money, upon which ('committed and loyal') Eddie Howe will **** off to another club and come back to poach their best players, like he did to them LAST time he walked out for money.

And yes -my primary concern is clearly on the Albion. I'm quite capable of following with interest, the fortunes of more than one club, though.

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
I wonder if Albion would be interested in feeding upon some of our table scraps this transfer window. With four signings accomplished already, plus sweet whispers of deals for Kieran Trippier, Dimi Berbatov and Steven Caulker, we will need to free up some space. You may be the ideal destination for some of our more technically challenged players so get your chequebook out chaps.

Buying our cast offs did you lot no harm, it would be lovely if you could reciprocate.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
I just wonder how shite the OPs life must be to post this drivel on an opposition message board. Don't you have a job?

Not sure who's worse the OP or the Palace twats that come on here. From my point of view I couldn't give a toss about Bournemouth, disappointed to miss out on a visit to New Forest pubs for the away game, where as Palace is the team I would love to see in free fall.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Palace. As much as it pains me to say it. Not exactly flourishing but they're hardly floundering either. Gits.

I think Palace are a much bigger club than Bournemouth.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Trippier would be an excellent signing. Berbatov would go one of two extremes-either a great signing a la Cambiasso or a mare like Brolin at palace. Caulker? **** that. He's been relegated twice in a row and can't complain that he's been unlucky. He was poor at Cardiff and worse at Q.P.R.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Why not? I don't like them, so I want them to lose - its really quite straightforward.

I want them to have a shit season, get relegated, then see the faceless Russian **** off with all the parachute money, upon which ('committed and loyal') Eddie Howe will **** off to another club and come back to poach their best players, like he did to them LAST time he walked out for money.

And yes -my primary concern is clearly on the Albion. I'm quite capable of following with interest, the fortunes of more than one club, though.

More like the fortunes of one club and hoped for misfortunes of other/s!
Just interested why you have such a dislike of them.
If we had a manager like Eddie Howe,I'm pretty confident we wouldn't have suffered such a shit season as last year.
As for walking out for more money,I take it you would like to see movement of both players and managers between clubs oulawed,then.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Bore mouth are alright. Done well. Played great football and deserve to have a go in the big time. Will be interesting to see how they get on. Gimp just shows that even a club with such small support has its share of Billy big balls like the OP. We know also we have even more posters than Bournemouth who think we are the biggest best club in the world. It's football and that's how we like it.

mickybha

Jan 2, 2010
I wonder if Albion would be interested in feeding upon some of our table scraps this transfer window. With four signings accomplished already, plus sweet whispers of deals for Kieran Trippier, Dimi Berbatov and Steven Caulker, we will need to free up some space. You may be the ideal destination for some of our more technically challenged players so get your chequebook out chaps.
123.jpeg

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
So looking forward to when it all goes wrong for you :lolol: going to be hilarious watching the wheels come off, one by one.

Bruntburger

Mar 9, 2009
Peacehaven
Fair play to Cerise Chimp and any other AFC fans viewing/posting on here. Some of the excruciating, patronising, arrogant, dismissive and downright embarrassing remarks made about AFC down the years on here deserve nothing less. Good luck in the Prem.

This - it's fantastic when little clubs like Bournemouth can make it to the big time.
Let's face it, we are just jealous because we got the stadium, the training ground, the playoffs twice and Bournemouth have come along and done the business with the very players our club decided Weren't good enough to get us there!

Why would we have any issue with Bournemouth other than jealousy?

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
This - it's fantastic when little clubs like Bournemouth can make it to the big time.
Let's face it, we are just jealous because we got the stadium, the training ground, the playoffs twice and Bournemouth have come along and done the business with the very players our club decided Weren't good enough to get us there!

Why would we have any issue with Bournemouth other than jealousy?
quick someone post a poll.......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports