Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion Superstitions

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I have an pair of Albion argyle socks that I've had for a few years. We always seem to draw when I wear them.

This year for Christmas I got a new pair of Albion argyle socks. Wore them for the West Ham game so it would appear the draw curse has passed over to the new pair.

I did however buy myself a pair of blue and white socks from Norman Walsh which I had on during the Leeds game.

Today I am wearing a plain pair of navy blue cotton socks......I have no idea what this means for this evening. Should I change socks or will that jinx us? If so would you be happy with a draw or is a must win?

Over the last few years, every lucky combination of boxers,socks and top has only been lucky for a couple of games. Now I don't bother as I realised it makes f##k all difference as we hardly ever win in the PL.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Over the last few years, every lucky combination of boxers,socks and top has only been lucky for a couple of games. Now I don't bother as I realised it makes f##k all difference as we hardly ever win in the PL.

We’ll find out later.....I have the aforementioned Norman Walsh pair on today. May the 100% record continue!

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
I've tried everything and nothing so far seems to work for us. Today it's no pants and a bra over my head. Come on Seagulls!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016

I agree. So all those things that we have been wearing for the past few years have, in reality, actually been jinxing us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
When I fill up the car I don't look at the number of litres and once the level is reached I don't squeeze any extra drops in. The first two numbers on the litre line (I think there are decimal places, which I ignore) give the score.

Today I cheated and nudged the value up to 4-0.

Does it work? It has never accurately predicted the score and is even worse than the 'Magic' Lucky Darts technique I used to use back in the 90s when we were fighting for our league survival, and which did 'work' on occasions. Ahem.

Now, where did I put that feckin' dartboard?

Jahooli

Feb 12, 2008
I used to try and have a “lucky” half time bovril but realised it was just a silly souperstition

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Sorted. My least favourite boxers and thermal socks.
Ok for now but very uncomfortable in April and May.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
We’ll find out later.....I have the aforementioned Norman Walsh pair on today. May the 100% record continue!

8A5A7618-2AB0-488B-BBBC-8463197CE66F.jpeg

100%

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I have had the pj's on all day again today. Get in! Why didn't I start wearing these earlier? Oh yeah, they were a Xmas pressie! [emoji23]

Stephen Seagull

Oct 6, 2015
Barcelona
Last 2 games I've been playing GOSBTS and a shed load of Withdean nostalgia music (mainly the clash, green day and the like). Something's obviously working

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Well, although we played crap, especially in the 2nd half we didn't lose so the pj's are staying on! [emoji3]

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Although I did have my lounge wear on for the lattices game, it doesn't count as it was the cup. I'm not sure that these pj's came with a lucky cup run, so they are back on today for tonights game.

Anyone ditched their lucky charms after the debacle of the 95th minute goal at Leicester?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
So, is todays game against Espanyol the first home game of the season? As everything has to be the same for every match what on earth am I to do? Shower, shave beard, Hot Dogs for snack, shirt, pants, left staircase, pie, pint (hope they have Harveys) and crisps all as usual. But different seat and different transport. Should I hope for 1:0 until the 89th minute and a 1:2 defeat giving me the excuse to change the routine next game?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here