Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion striker insists he will only get better [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
James Wilson*has vowed there is a lot more to come from him in an Albion shirt.
The 20-year-old striker on loan from Manchester United scored on his full debut to spark a dramatic recovery by the Seagulls from 2-0 down to beat Charlton’s ten men 3-2 at the Amex.
Wilson told The Argus: “I think I’ve got a lot to come. I’ve not played a full 90 minutes for a while.
“There’s a lot more to come fitness wise and more to give out on the pitch, make more runs, more physical capability which I can build on in the gym.
“So I’ve got a lot more to give to the team. A lot comes with confidence as well. The more confident I get the more I play and vice-versa. It’s a great feeling.”
Albion trailed 2-0 after five minutes but Wilson’s solo early in the second half, followed by a red card for Charlton defender Patrick Bauer and goals in quick succession by Bobby Zamora and sub Tomer Hemed, stretched the unbeaten record of Chris Hughton’s side to 19 games and sent them back to the top of the Championship.
Wilson hailed his individual effort as one of the best of his promising career. “It’s definitely up there, especially beating a few players,” he said. “Better than a tap-in I suppose. It’s a good feeling, especially to get the goal to get us back in the game. And to go on to win it was a great experience.”
The last time Albion came from two goals down to win was at Withdean in October 2008, when they beat Leicester 3-2.
Their next test on Saturday is at Leicester’s East Midlands neighbours Derby. The Rams fought out a goalless draw at Sheffield Wednesday yesterday and are third in the table.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here