Albion squad value, Parkinson's pre match and post match comments...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SE4 GULL

Oct 8, 2010
Brockley LONDON SE4
Just had a thought the other day on the value of the Albion squad after Parkinson's comments on how we've splashed the cash. Now I know transfer fees don't take into account wages and signing on fees (these are usually pure speculation anyway). However if you look at the free Albion players who probably had decent signing on fees you'd say: Ankergren, Calderon (2nd time), Sparrow and Kishishev. Likewise, you'd speculate that Gary Doherty, Christia Dailly, Kyel Reid probably also commanded decent fees and wages to sign.

Albion Matchday Squad

Anergren - free

Calderon - free
Greer - £250k
El Abd - youth teamer
Painter - free

Dicker - free
Kishishev - free
Sparrow - free

Bennett - £100k
Barnes - £50k
Murray £300k

Brezovan - free
Elphick - you teamer
Battipiedi - free
Baz - free
Bridcutt - free
LuaLua - loan
Hart - £1k

TOTAL VALUE: £701k

Charlton Matchday Squad

Elliot - youth teamer

Doherty - free
Fortune - free
Dailly - free
Jackson - free

Semedo - free
Racon - £370k
Martin - loan
Reid - free

Abbott - £20k
Benson - £250k

Worner - ?
Francis - free
Llera - free
Fry - loan
Wagstaff - youth teamer
McCormack - free
Anyinsah - free

TOTAL £640k

I must say I found Parkinson's pre match comments about us splashing the cash quite disrespectful (especially to Gus). However I found his post game comments even more distasteful:

"If you analyise the goals today were they from Brighton's great football? No. Were they from basic errors from us? Yes they were."

What a load of rubbish, Charlton were outwitted and outplayed by a brilliant manager and a great team. So show some bloody dignity and respect Mr Parkinson! :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum:

Rant over!

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
That said, I would have been less than impressed to have a full back unmarked 3 yards from goal for a tap in, wouldn't have been impressed by the Murray goal - loads of errors from them. SO I see where he is coming from with respect to his team being poor.

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
Given how unpopular he is becoming with his club's supporters, you would have thought he'd take the opportunity to praise us as a very decent team in order to excuse the defeat!

Drawing attention to his team's mistakes has, rightly or wrongly, drawn attention to his failings, at least in their eyes.

He's a dead man walking as fr as I'm concerned....still at least no-one's upset enough with him to breach the stands and try to attack him....

What?

OH!

:p

SE4 GULL

Oct 8, 2010
Brockley LONDON SE4
To be fair, they made some poor poor defensive errors but they were largely caused by our pressure.

Exactly. To basically say that our football was ineffective and that they gifted us 4 goals is ridiculous. Putting them under pressure and out maneuvering them is what led to their mistakes.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
watching the highlights it looked like the keeper was trying to take murray out when he took the ball round him, also for the last goal the charlton defender was very close to clattering kaz when he took the ball round him.

We have had a lot of teams saying how badly they have played against us this season, funny that!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
watching the highlights it looked like the keeper was trying to take murray out when he took the ball round him, also for the last goal the charlton defender was very close to clattering kaz when he took the ball round him.

We have had a lot of teams saying how badly they have played against us this season, funny that!

To be fair, a fair few Charlton fans have been on various messageboards commenting how good Brighton were.

SE4 GULL

Oct 8, 2010
Brockley LONDON SE4
I wouldn't take any managers comments seriously, they always have their own agenda. It's not his job to praise us, it's his job to get the best out of his players, so if he thinks he can give his defense a bit of a kick up the arse, then fair enough.

Obviously it's his job to get the best out of his players but that doesn't mean he has to be disrespectful (I appreciate not everyone will find his comments direspectful, but I do)

I quote you Paul Dickov after losing 2-1 at Withdean:

""I think Brighton will be up there at the end of the season and they're probably the best team we've played."

and Peter Reid after losing 2-0 at Home Park:

""Brighton passed the ball well, their system was good and we were chasing shadows."

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Obviously it's his job to get the best out of his players but that doesn't mean he has to be disrespectful (I appreciate not everyone will find his comments direspectful, but I do)

I quote you Paul Dickov after losing 2-1 at Withdean:

""I think Brighton will be up there at the end of the season and they're probably the best team we've played."

and Peter Reid after losing 2-0 at Home Park:

""Brighton passed the ball well, their system was good and we were chasing shadows."

Again it depends on your agenda. If the opposing team are said to be good, then losing to them isn't such a bad thing. You don't want to be seen losing to a "bad" team, do you - it makes you look worse. I never take any notice of what other teams say, good or bad.

SE4 GULL

Oct 8, 2010
Brockley LONDON SE4
Again it depends on your agenda. If the opposing team are said to be good, then losing to them isn't such a bad thing. You don't want to be seen losing to a "bad" team, do you - it makes you look worse. I never take any notice of what other teams say, good or bad.

Seeing as we've "splashed the cash" apparently this season surely the Albion can't be seen as a bad team... Not to mention we're top of the league. :p

I really just think Parkinson is an idiot and a very bad loser!

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Football matches are won by teams taking advantage of the errors that they force their opponents into

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports