Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion set to sign Ridgewell

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I wasn't impressed with him against Huddersfield, but the evidence is he's played 2 games, we've only shipped one goal and won them both. Admittedly, he appeared to be much happier tucking in to a left sided 3rd CB role: when ever he ventured towards the touchline he had a nosebleed rush of blood.

I'm sure we will all be much happier when we can get Bong back.

PG

He was directly responsible for that 'one goal'.

He also played at Rotherham, was very poor, and contributed directly to one of the goals we conceded.

Langley

Mar 10, 2008
Waltham Chase, Hants
He was directly responsible for that 'one goal'.

He also played at Rotherham, was very poor, and contributed directly to one of the goals we conceded.

Hi Hans, I totally agree with all your issues on this post.
Just keeping himself fit and uninjured for his return to Parent club.
Should have cut out that cross for the Huddersfield goal.
At the moment I cannot even see why we want to extend his loan.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Hi Hans, I totally agree with all your issues on this post.
Just keeping himself fit and uninjured for his return to Parent club.
Should have cut out that cross for the Huddersfield goal.
At the moment I cannot even see why we want to extend his loan.

I have only 1 issue with your post I think that he should have prevented the cross rather than cutting it out which would have been by better positioning that a left back would have taken up he was sucked into the centre of the box a you would expect a CB to be. I agree on every other point in your post.

Personally having sent Chicksen out on loan I would prefer us to bring in an established or young left back who can offer both cover and competition to Bong and not rely on LR or Calderon being able to cover if needed.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I don't particularly DISLIKE Liam Ridgewell, but I've seen no evidence that he CARES about our club's fortunes. We're facilitating a paid holiday for him, so he can spend time in the UK and see his kids.

I do very much however, DISLIKE the notion of us signing him. Because he's not very good.

All of this - only other point perhaps is that his experience/organisation possibly helped Dunk and Goldson in GG's absence but difficult to value that from the stands.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Ridgewell was never going to be any sort of answer, except as very short term cover to an injury crisis. Come to think of it, this pretty much sums up 90% of short term loan signings.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Ridgewell was never going to be any sort of answer, except as very short term cover to an injury crisis. Come to think of it, this pretty much sums up 90% of short term loan signings.

I had higher expectations from him, but playing in the Disney league has addled his brain.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
He's slow, massively limited and doesn't look particularly bothered.

My thoughts exactly. The missus also added, when she overheard him on Player, he sounds a bit thick.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Holiday ?

Well, he is here actually playing, so 'holiday' wasn't fair.

Basically, Portland are not going to let him just skip pre-season and lie on a beach, but are happy to have his wages covered, while we keep his fitness levels up.

He in return gets to miss the dull and hard work of pre-season, and to see his kids in England.

We get his contribution on the pitch.

In my personally opinion, we are not getting the best of the deal.

Attachments

• pratt.jpg
    pratt.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 135

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here