Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion set to bring in Leeds loan signing

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Just spoke to a Leeds fan and his view was it is a very good signing. He was involved earlier in the season when they were winning lots of games.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Leeds are not exactly known for being flush, so they're getting someone off the wage bill for a period who is unlikely to be used by the manager.

Makes financial sense, surprisingly for LUFC.

I think this is definitely the reason. Itwill free up wages etc for another loan signing for them. I gather they are looking at several players to come in, and boost their flagging play-off hopes.Just means that a few of existing players have to go first.

robbied69

Sep 20, 2005
North London
Westlake is left of centre midfield. For some reason we played him as a winger. Scored a few vital goals. He is a work horse, but nothing spectacular. Very unlucky with injuries. He will have a few good games then get himself injured.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Good signing I would say, hope he starts tomorrow

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
i too have just been speaking to a leeds fan who also rates him quite highly and said he will be a good signing for us, and cannot understand why leeds are letting him go.
they have got alan thompson back from hartlepool i think, any maybe they dont really see us a threat to them in the playoffs. just hope we can prove them wrong. also i think because leeds have been used to playing at a higher level then maybe some of their fans are hard to please and will say all there player are rubbish apart from maybe the odd couple such as beckford

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
On paper it seems a good signing thought disturbed by Starry's comments. With Thompson in the middle would look good.

Not worried about McFaul. I thought he was more a defensive midfielder anyway so doesn't harm his chances.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
The Leeds lot here actually rated him, but more often than not was played as a winger. Is a box to box player and can score a few goals.

If he has fallen out of favour as a player at Leeds, then the lad perhaps has got something to prove. He was good at Ipswich and ok it has gone sour at Leeds. Maybe a change of club will do him good.

I see it as a very good move by the Albion.

As for Leeds, well they think they are in the play off finals now. Seeing as they are charging £50, just so that their fans can join a membership scheme in order to have the chance (repeat chance) of getting a play off final ticket. Any chance of a refund if Leeds don’t it. Nope!

Bates is a crook and Leeds fans are muppets

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
As mentioned Leeds are not used to L1 so probably have a downer on all their players.
I reckon he might be alright , no worse than saturdays midfield whatever happens

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
should boost our chances of a few more points on our travels. Presumably he and Richards played together at Ipswich so a good chance they will hit it off straightaway.
Good decision I reckon

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
definitely important to get a player in for March, with 9 games including many against the top clubs, injuries and fatigue will be a factor so good to see DW bolstering the side, especially with an experienced player. Well done.

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
Bearing in mind he can play on the left or in the middle and is clearly going to be a regular in the starting lineup, where do people think he will be played? I'd like him to be used in the middle and I expect Wilkins to put him there as well. Our wingers can be quite average, but in the middle is the area that urgently needs improving. Also, Westlake is an attacking midfielder, who should accompany the more defensive Thomson quite well. Another thing to consider is that the day Wilkins drops Cox is the day hell freezes over.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here