Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion scratch cards - anyone ever won anything?

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I only ask as we just had a leaflet through the door saying someone is coming round once a week to flog these things.

Of course I like to support the club in any way I can but are these things worth the effort?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I use to do the Heroes and Winners, and won three times in the five years or so that was running. When that stopped just over a year ago the scratchcards sort of replaced it and it was suggested by the club to start purchasing these on a regular basis however I wasn't interested as they seem far less of a personal nature.

I would much rather purchase stuff from the club shop to support the club rather than the scrathcards

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
They're only worth it in the way that any scratch card or lottery game is worth it. You might win a large amouint, bur probably not, you will win small amounts every so often that don't cover what you spend on the cards in the first place.

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
Club.s sends me two cheques a year of about £25 each - never won anything big.

The real purpose as far as I am concerned is that it was to give the club extra funds in its earlier hour of need.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I had no idea we sold scratchcards.

I've not won the Withdean Wager - I buy two at each game and have been to about 180 Withdean games, I think, so that is £360 ish quid down the drain :(

I was one number away from winning the second prize last Saturday. That will teach me to be polite and make way for another fan that bought the ticket in front of me.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
We get a nice old boy called Keith with errrr shall we say disabilities, who comes round to our shop in Lancing. Most I have ever won is £2, kinda do it outta pity for keith to be honest. I think he gets around a fair bit, I saw him trundling through the Lanes a few times selling them.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Not a scrathcard but I won just over £100 at Gillingham a few years ago. Only because I had stopped to talk to someone at the end of the game, they only read the numbers out after everyone had gone! When I went round to collect it I got it in pound coins.

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
I used to do the Gold Bond or what ever it was this changed to someone scratching cards for me when this stopped, I get a cheque once a year with my winnings (usually around £30 ish) although got an extra cheque earlier this year because I won £100.

Don't do it too win do it too support the club may stop doing it now I support the club with a season ticket, it is taken in the form of a standing order evry month.

P.S

Jun 23, 2011
Lancing
I won a hot dog at the Spurs game, nothing at Donny and didn't see any for sale at the Gills game otherwise I'd have won the £400 ;)

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Heroes and winners,framed 25 autographed photo's of 50/60s Albion players.
Withdean Wager second prize of autographed football.
Amex two for sealife twice.
Amex,correct goal time v Gillingham 67 mins 10 pound shop voucher.
I'll never be rich but the club steams on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here