Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion plot double swoop into transfer market

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
If Tex is in Liverpool's plans then we might try and get Sergi Canos on loan. Liverpool were obviously pleased with the way things worked out with Tex. Canos can play on the wing or as a striker and would be a good backup to our existing forwards. If as good as Tex then I see him as a good option.

As pointed out to me, Liverpool trust us to look after and use any loan players because of Tex. I would imagine that coupled with our start means we are in pole position should we want to 'borrow' another youngster from them.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Where is our striker

Other than the 7 we currently have on the books? Hemed, Baldock, Zamora, O'Grady, Colunga, Harper, Hambo... :jester:

I know what you mean though. I have a sneaking suspicion there'll be a left-field striker signed from the continent that nobody will be expecting for a fee of about £5m. No inside information, just a feeling!

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Other than the 7 we currently have on the books? Hemed, Baldock, Zamora, O'Grady, Colunga, Harper, Hambo... :jester:

I know what you mean though. I have a sneaking suspicion there'll be a left-field striker signed from the continent that nobody will be expecting for a fee of about £5m. No inside information, just a feeling!

I hope you're right. Despite that list, we don't have the quality, likely to be fit striker that would make us challengers

Last edited:

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Other than the 7 we currently have on the books? Hemed, Baldock, Zamora, O'Grady, Colunga, Harper, Hambo... :jester: f

Yes, but what did the Romans ever do for us?

To be fair though the last couple arent in contention and i suspect are next years prospects. Colunga needs to move on if anyone will have him. OG and BZ are impact subs for various reasons. So down to two.

lethaldrizzle

Apr 30, 2007
South East London

To be fair though the last couple arent in contention and i suspect are next years prospects. Colunga needs to move on if anyone will have him. OG and BZ are impact subs for various reasons. So down to two.

Yep - and of those two Baldock's best role is as a secondary striker playing alongside a bigger guy. I suspect trying to play him up front on his own would be a bit like when we had to play Barnes as our lone striker for a few games under Garcia - just didn't quite work.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Personally I'd love Tex back and I think it would be a real coup. Reading this article makes it seem rather unlikely though: http://www.thisisanfield.com/2015/0...g-midfielders-impress-in-liverpool-u21s-draw/

I posted this in another thread about Tex. In fact Liverpool, his u21 coach, has virtually confirmed that he's going out on loan again and that actually the match last week was about "exposure" : ie: showing him off to scouts.

"we're hoping [Tex] will get another loan in the coming weeks alongside Joao [Illori]."
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport...ool-fc-9890959

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

BZ and COG as impact subs, Baldock playing off the main striker, another striker/goal scorer to be brought in - aren't we a bit quick to be writing off Hemed?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I posted this in another thread about Tex. In fact Liverpool, his u21 coach, has virtually confirmed that he's going out on loan again and that actually the match last week was about "exposure" : ie: showing him off to scouts.

"we're hoping [Tex] will get another loan in the coming weeks alongside Joao [Illori]."
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport...ool-fc-9890959
This page cannot be found

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here