Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion player's who never reached potential

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Remember he scored 4 in a game against Newcastle one midweek game at the Goldstone. Not sure if scored many more after that for us

Home debut 4 goals and Codner unselfishlygave him thr hattrick goal. Think wade scored again away the following week and just seemed to vanish

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
This, I was envious of Brighton having Ince, thought he was going to be a top top player, definitely well regarded by Derby fans.

But not this, I thought he was weirdly overrated, perhaps because at the time Brighton didn't have too many young prospects? I remember well being told by one poster how much better than Will Hughes he was.....

JFC - I think we were keen for a homegrown forward/creator to make it. Seen through blue and white tinted lenses. In reality he may’ve only produced one or two outstanding performances.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Jonny Dixon / Geoff Pitcher

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
10 seconds into his debut

Then just 5 more appearances, no more goals, loaded out a couple of times, and never heard of again.

“never heard of again” isn’t strictly true as he pops up in football articles from time to time due to a successful post-football law career and that he is the CEO of La Liga team Mallorca.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maheta_Molango

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Anyone remember Jason Peake?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Will Buckley

On his day, the best winger in the Championship. Unfortunately his legs were made of glass and he had his head turned by Gus at Sunderland and it all really didn't go well from there, did it?

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean

Steve Jacobs...

The skinny crop haired Irish winger (?) we had around 2005 who ran around like a headless chicken...name help needed please

Nicky Rust

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
John Piercy. Spurs reserves captain and dropped down to our level to get some football. He peaked with us, and it wasn't great!

He played well in the playoffs & the final at the Millennium. Unfortunately Chrohn’s disease finished his career.

Quite a few players mentioned in this thread had medical problems, physical and mental.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Abdul Razak.

Anyone who saw him against Ipswich will never forget how good he was that day. Could've been the next Yaya Toure but plays in the Swedish Second Division now!

He was absolutely class that game, never understood how he could be that good for one game

He is doing well in Örgryte now.

Maybe he should return to Brighton. Potter sold a player to the PL when he was at ÖFK. Brighton signed Gyökeres and Gwargis from the Swedish second division. It all adds up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here