Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Albion players - trademark moves

Tiptoe through the NSC

Sep 13, 2017
St. Leonards-on-Sea
A couple of full backs spring to mind. Eddie Spearrit's windmill arms after releasing a long throw. Bruno's through the legs trap of the long ball down the touchline, resulting in it having just the right amount of backspin for his next touch past the bewildered winger and away.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Teddy Maybank always had at least one decent header every game.
Eric Steele doing his Groucho Marx to the North Stand.
Alex Dawson taking everything and everyone into the net with his diving headers, more like a human snowplough really.
Eric Potts always scoring a goal each time he came on as a Sub.
Hans Kraay at Corners.
Paul Clark taking man and ball every tackle, to the chants of "Animal" from the North Stand.

Sent from my CPH2195 using Tapatalk

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Dean Wilkins free kicks. Sweet as a nut. Left peg possibly best we’ve ever had at the club.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
To waste a bit of time towards the end of a match:
Kuipers catching the ball then falling forward on it
Gary Hart running more slowly than most people walk to get off the pitch when substituted

Oh, and Oatway kicking hell out of everything at our short corner

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Gerry Fell coming on as sub with 10 to go, standing wide on the half way line waiting for the ball into space and then lightning on to the ball and, sometimes, scoring a last minuter.

Gerry Fell's unique dribbling technique which didn't involve running down the wing with the ball at his feet, but rather booting the ball about 20 yards in front of him and then running down the wing after it, and also past anyone trying to challenge him, and then when he reached the ball repeating the boot, chase routine. Strangely very effective and productive as I recall.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Andy Rollings right hook
Remember that well! One of the rare times I applauded one of our players being sent off, Fash had been elbowing every time there was an ariel challenge. Rollo had enough and lamped him.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Gerry Fell's unique dribbling technique which didn't involve running down the wing with the ball at his feet, but rather booting the ball about 20 yards in front of him and then running down the wing after it, and also past anyone trying to challenge him, and then when he reached the ball repeating the boot, chase routine. Strangely very effective and productive as I recall.

That was always my technique on the right wing. I was crap at actually dribbling - but could almost always outpace the left midfielder and left back. And as you say - effective and productive as it got me to the byline surprisingly quickly! Nice to know I was copying a professional...

But back on track - Steve Foster invisibly elbowing the forwards when going up for headers and getting away with it time after time.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Ashley Barnes - Missing sitters

What?

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
The Murray winning a free kick move, always did it and usually got the decision

The Gary Dicker slowest turn the long way round move

Tommy Elphick heading the ball when it was centimetres off the ground

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
The Johnny Byrne keepie uppie

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I’m sure Darren Currie had a move, which he did all the time... it seemed to work.

Denny Mundee used to, if the opposition had the kick off, steam in with a two footed lunge at the first opportunity. Loved that.

The Peter Smith overlap was pretty legendary too.

John Humphrey, used to back off with wingers running backwards and sideways until he was sitting in the fifth row of the stand.

John Westcott loved a step over too, alas it didn’t work that well.

jabba

Jul 15, 2009
York
Bissouma used to regularly drag the ball back with his studs but has stopped doing it recently for some reason.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Izquierdo - cut in to the box and shoot from exactly the same spot.

Reminds me of the video clip from the Hammers fan saying in a thick east end accent "Wot? ee's dun it agaiyn!" on his second goal, replay of his first goal :)

ForestRowSeagull

Jan 6, 2011
Now Brixton
Kupiers' kicking in general was awful, but I vividly remember being unable to kick it without slicing it massively. We used to sit in that tiny stand at Withdean by the clock (Block U?) and laughing as it sailed towards the North stand

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Colin Kazim Richards - spitting
Jurgen Locadia - can mix a tune
Leon Knight - talks bollox without opening ones mouth

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here