Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion player contracts - duration

Feb 14, 2010
"Kuszczak, quoted on the onet.sport website, said: "I know I can play in the league above. Some conversations have taken place. My agent is negotiating with several clubs, but for now I can not talk about specifics.""

Its nice to see at least one player with ambition and a desire to succeed. That sort of attitude has been very rare at Brighton for pretty much 100 years and it seems nothing much has changed with this bunch we have playing for us at the moment.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Its nice to see at least one player with ambition and a desire to succeed. That sort of attitude has been very rare at Brighton for pretty much 100 years and it seems nothing much has changed with this bunch we have playing for us at the moment.

Are you sure you are right when you say 'us' ? Are you Brighton through and through or Palace in disguise ?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
From the Argus (it doesn't say how long their contracts are for)

Albion have awarded professional contracts to a quintet of scholars from the development squad.

Defenders Robbie Dean and Jason Davis, midfielders Charlie Harris and Cameron Wiltshire, plus striker Jimmy Muitt are all being kept on by the club.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

Albion have awarded professional contracts to a quintet of scholars from the development squad.

Defenders Robbie Dean and Jason Davis, midfielders Charlie Harris and Cameron Wiltshire, plus striker Jimmy Muitt are all being kept on by the club.

Assuming Bozza is in agreement, I will create a similar thread for next season, and these five players will be included. Cameron is proudly following in the footsteps of his father Matthew, thirty years on.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Assuming Bozza is in agreement, I will create a similar thread for next season, and these five players will be included. Cameron is proudly following in the footsteps of his father Matthew, thirty years on.

I assume this means the end for Oliver Wray, Dylan Lall, Matthew Benham and Luke Colquhoun as I think they were the remaining 2nd year scholars. Although we've been known to give the odd youngster a 3rd year in the past if they've been injured etc.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I assume this means the end for Oliver Wray, Dylan Lall, Matthew Benham and Luke Colquhoun as I think they were the remaining 2nd year scholars. Although we've been known to give the odd youngster a 3rd year in the past if they've been injured etc.

That would be my assumption too. I believe there was something in the Yeovil programme about the contracts offered to the 5 who were kept on, but I wish the club would put information like that on the website too (especially since they dropped the option of an e-version of the programme).

Has anybody seen any information with regard to the new scholars for next season?

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

And now we know why: "It's club policy not to divulge the length of contracts of our youth and development players." per Insider on Ask the Club.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
And now we know why: "It's club policy not to divulge the length of contracts of our youth and development players." per Insider on Ask the Club.
To keep next season's list on NSC neat and tidy will you assume they've been given a 1 year contract ? (an asterisk always comes in handy to notate the length of contract is unknown)

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
To keep next season's list on NSC neat and tidy will you assume they've been given a 1 year contract ? (an asterisk always comes in handy to notate the length of contract is unknown)

Yep, I'll assume they are 1-year contracts unless other information comes my way. Also, Bradley Barry, Rob Hunt and Glen Rea were not mentioned in the announcement yesterday as having been released, so they may have been given contracts longer than 1-year last summer. I'll ask Insider in due course to confirm that they are still with the club.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Is this going to get updated?

Yes - but it's May 26th. What's the hurry? Go and enjoy your summer: watch the World Cup, take in some cricket, and go for a walk or two in the beautiful county of Sussex.

I'll have a brand spanking new list for you come the autumn.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Do we know if Calderon, Bruno and Ankergren have signed their contract extension offers yet ?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Need to update this for Walton, Forster-Caskey, Ankergren, Bruno, Calderon, Toko and those who have left.

Could this incredibly useful thread go back to being a sticky please ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here