Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion on sky sports and the like

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Just thinking when the last time we were on sky sports?
We seemed to be on there every other week last season but hardly ever now.
Don't get me wrong, I love the Saturday 3pm games but it seems a bit strange given the fact we are flying.

Had to laugh this morning when sky were happily giving the stat that the last 4 chelsea vs Liverpool games have finished 0-0, but I'm sure they will bore everyone with 2 more next season.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Just been working out whether to take a Now TV membership but have no idea if we will be on much til the end of the season

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Don't get me wrong, I love the Saturday 3pm games but it seems a bit strange given the fact we are flying.

Had to laugh this morning when sky were happily giving the stat that the last 4 chelsea vs Liverpool games have finished 0-0, but I'm sure they will bore everyone with 2 more next season.

We were on sky a lot last season as we were testing the AI for semi auto offsides and for it to work you needed a certain number of cameras in the ground in which yin normal circumstances only are there when on TV.

This season.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
We were on sky a lot last season as we were testing the AI for semi auto offsides and for it to work you needed a certain number of cameras in the ground in which yin normal circumstances only are there when on TV.

This season.
Isn't that s more polished name for VAR ???

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

……...because we haven’t played City, United, Liverpool or Chelsea lately ?

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere

This all over. BT just as bad. I pay for both and the wife pays for prime and our exposure is derisory. Most of the media have caught onto RDZ footy but we never seem to be on. That's why I will watch a stream conscience free as i already pay a lot of money hardly ever to see my team play.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
……...because we haven’t played City, United, Liverpool or Chelsea lately ?
Our games against Chelsea and Liverpool (apart from Cup) have not been chosen for TV this season (rather surprisingly)
I am not sure but my feeling is we haven't been on TV nearly as much this season, although know we have 3 + cup semi coming up in quick succession end of April and early May.
Then I suspect if we are still in the shake up for the euro places, we will get a few more outings before the end of the season.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
have a feeling in May most of our games will be on TV re the little old Brighton might get into Europe story ...

Newcastle away and Man City at home seem to be being saved for TV

A best guess is Newcastle away in last week of season re last two games away at Toon and Villa which could well be play off type games for European places

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
I was going to start a thread from the opposite perspective. We've had loads of Saturday 3pm recently and it's GREAT. I love it. Just another really good thing about this season.
This, if I could change one aspect of the EPL or football in general, is that there was only one live top flight game each week 4pm on a Sunday (the EFL could have the 1pm slot) all the European games were on a Tuesday or Wednesday, so therefore the rest of the league could kick off at 3pm on a Saturday. ( Might effect the TV money but the clubs would soon have to cut their cloth accordingly 😂)

As Elvis said ‘If I can dream’

WASH

Jul 6, 2003
Rustington
We've currently been on Sky 6 times, Amazon twice and BT once. (Upcoming 2 more on BT, [Forest and Everton] and 1 more on Sky v Man Utd). Last time on Sky was home v Arsenal on New Years Eve. The table below shows total times on TV this season (includes upcoming games in April). Certainly not the TV darlings even if the written media love us.

1680725222246.png

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
It does seem odd that every journalist describes us as being so enjoyable to watch, yet we seem to be on TV far less than before..

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
If we qualify for European competition then I expect us to be on tv a lot more next season.

Potentially lot of Sunday and Monday evening games if we do.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
If we qualify for European competition then I expect us to be on tv a lot more next season.

Potentially lot of Sunday and Monday evening games if we do.
Europa League or Conference will mean more Sunday games regardless of TV

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Whilst this is great for attending games, it is costing the club a lot of money as we are missing out on facility fees of millions that you get when you go over a certain number of games.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
In the drive for ratings, fans who support club X will watch when their club is being shown live.

Fans who are club X's rivals for the PL title, Champions League or relegation places will also often tune in the hope of seeing them lose.

When Burnley finished 7th in the Premier League in 2017/18, which was a superb achievement given their resources, they were only shown live on TV seven times (even though they are contractually paid for ten) because the casual viewer doesn't care, it's broadly the same for the Albion.

Facility fees last season were £838k per game once you had played at least ten. Only Southampton, Burnley, Watford and Norwich had lower facility fees than the Albion.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Wouldn't surprise me if all our last five games are on TV for different reasons

v Man Utd - already is
v Everton - already is
v Arsenal - not yet but almost certainly will be
v Southampton - probably will be, likely to be crunch time for one or both of us, plus they like to hype this as a "derby"
v Villa - definitely will be

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here