Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion offer rejected - Mustafa Carayol

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
We have only paid £2.5 m for CMS, Barnes was £125k, Buckley is not a striker, Hoskins £500k, Ulloa £2m, Holroyd £60k and Sandaza free. Total £5.2 million.

Buckley has played as a striker and has been used as a striker and add Dobbie onto that as well and his obscene wages........anyway point is he spent a fffing fortune. Maybe some spent more, but as said before, some spent a lot less as well.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Buckley has played as a striker and has been used as a striker and add Dobbie onto that as well and his obscene wages........anyway point is he spent a fffing fortune. Maybe some spent more, but as said before, some spent a lot less as well.

A fortune that is less than ONE player signed by Blackburn

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
I don't think Bloom was an idiot for listening to Poyet. I think appointing Poyet at the time he did was a master stroke. Poyet worked wonders for this football club. Right up until the point he started believing his own press. Around about the time of the Liverpool cup game at Anfield. Bloom invested so much in Poyet and his ideas that he had to see the job through. Even though it was becoming obvious to many he was getting out of control. I think the way Poyet shafted Bloom was nothing short of disgusting and he will do it again wherever he goes. I see he has already seen off one director of football at Sunderland!!!! Anyway, I don't give a shite about that anymore. The scars are healing and we are come back stronger and will be much better for it.

Blimey Kev...for once I agree with you. It's seems funny that when we are a selling club...the price is low...(Bridcutt,Poyets estimation, of worth millions and his offer to buy him for £2m) it seems that Carayol is a good player..,..but £4m...Nah!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
The eight million pound striker didn't do much good for Blackburn last season. He may well propel them back to the top flight this season, as I am sure the owners will be hoping as they lost £38m last season.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Blimey Kev...for once I agree with you. It's seems funny that when we are a selling club...the price is low...(Bridcutt,Poyets estimation, of worth millions and his offer to buy him for £2m) it seems that Carayol is a good player..,..but £4m...Nah!

We haven't bid £4m.

The 4m means the tweet was sent 4 minutes ago.

:ffsparr:

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I think you will find it was called paying the wages. There was nothing inspirational about Gus, no silver tongued charm, that many love to believe. It was something called a chairman's blind faith and belief that his man was going to lead us to the prem, as he had assured him he would, if he was backed with enough funds....I thought this much was obvious by now???

What a load of nonsense. The calibre of players Poyet attracted was outstanding - now we seem to be letting them through our grasp.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
What a load of nonsense. The calibre of players Poyet attracted was outstanding - now we seem to be letting them through our grasp.

No point in going down this road. There will always be some people who think players came to play for Gus and we paid them peanuts compared to others. Apart from Vicente, who was a waste of money and Bridge, who was a loan and a year on, would he still be as good as Ward is now??? I can't thing who we have lost, that is so bad. The team is still at the right end of the league. The books are slowly being balanced and we are no worse off than we were under Poyet.....are we???......I'm sorry, with every passing week Poyet is exposed as a myth.....If his players were so outstanding and now they are slipping through our grasp(as you say), why aren't we in the prem, instead of the same place we were 12 month ago. With a lot less cost going out???

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
No point in going down this road. There will always be some people who think players came to play for Gus and we paid them peanuts compared to others. Apart from Vicente, who was a waste of money and Bridge, who was a loan and a year on, would he still be as good as Ward is now??? I can't thing who we have lost, that is so bad. The team is still at the right end of the league. The books are slowly being balanced and we are no worse off than we were under Poyet.....are we???......I'm sorry, with every passing week Poyet is exposed as a myth.....If his players were so outstanding and now they are slipping through our grasp(as you say), why aren't we in the prem, instead of the same place we were 12 month ago. With a lot less cost going out???

Good points, and it's not exactly as if Gus' amazing signing powers tempted Van Dijk, did they? ???

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Good points, and it's not exactly as if Gus' amazing signing powers tempted Van Dijk, did they? ???

Are you taking the piss or being serious? You do realise that we didn't have an offer accepted for Van Dijk don't you and that he was interested in coming? Just thought I would check as Kev the Rev seems to be making up facts, I thought others were starting to.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Are you taking the piss or being serious? You do realise that we didn't have an offer accepted for Van Dijk don't you and that he was interested in coming? Just thought I would check as Kev the Rev seems to be making up facts, I thought others were starting to.

Gus went over to specifically see him, but it didn't do much good ???

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Gus went over to specifically see him, but it didn't do much good ???

If you say so. Sounds like complete rubbish to me as we never had an offer accepted but if that will help the complete pointless slagging off of Poyet, then you go ahead. Personally, I am pissed off with the way it ended but find it odd that certain people have to question how good a job he did when here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here