Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion not happy with the council .....

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
“Filming & Photoshoot Classification 2019/2020 Approved Fees:

Television drama or series/advert/feature film £440 per day/£110 per hour.

Student and charitable fees can be waived. “

This seems cheap, I was expecting thousands. I’m struggling to see Barber’s issue here, especially as his aim is to maximise all of his revenue streams.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
“Filming & Photoshoot Classification 2019/2020 Approved Fees:

Television drama or series/advert/feature film £440 per day/£110 per hour.

Student and charitable fees can be waived. “

This seems cheap, I was expecting thousands. I’m struggling to see Barber’s issue here, especially as his aim is to maximise all of his revenue streams.

I don't really see why the council charge for this, other than the fact that they are broke. If there is disruption fair enough, but otherwise surely we need to be encouraging publicity as a city.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I don't really see why the council charge for this, other than the fact that they are broke. If there is disruption fair enough, but otherwise surely we need to be encouraging publicity as a city.

"Oh great, thousands upon thousands of pounds of free global publicity, which will only ever be a puff piece"
"That'll be £440 and a form filing ballache please".

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

They need to regulate it, so there will always be an admin overhead at the very least. As I said, it seems quite cheap to me so I presume they have found a balance that isn’t overly financially prohibitive but also brings in some revenue. To me it seems only fair you should contribute something if you use the city in such a way.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
They need to regulate it, so there will always be an admin overhead at the very least. As I said, it seems quite cheap to me so I presume they have found a balance that isn’t overly financially prohibitive but also brings in some revenue. To me it seems only fair you should contribute something if you use the city in such a way.

Why do they need to regulate it?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Do Meridian or BBC pay to interview somebody on the Promenade in Brighton as part of a news item.

According to the Brighton council website they need to have a permit to film on council owner property, so yes.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
As an aside, Sky pay a facility fee when they film Brighton games.

dandanthebrightonfan

Jan 29, 2012
BN14
Let's hope Graham Potter is as keen to score points as Paul Barber is, after reading the article it comes across to me that the powers that be at the Amex think the club is bigger than the City it represents.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here