Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion museum - in pictures

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
If (big if) we reach the premiership then the story will be played out on the wider media......

And to honest who think about this who will care other than us.....

All I am saying was the museum looks a bit tacky and well whats in it, a few pictures an old kit and a few models, it is hardly going to attract anyone other than an Albion fan and it certainly nothing to write home about and eulogise about is it in all fairness not money well spent.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS

All I am saying was the museum looks a bit tacky and well whats in it, a few pictures an old kit and a few models, it is hardly going to attract anyone other than an Albion fan and it certainly nothing to write home about and eulogise about is it in all fairness not money well spent.

Why don't you go and have a look round yourself instead of judging from a few photos.
And if, as you say, you played your part in the fight to survive, then I must say I am a bit surprised by your reaction.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Why don't you go and have a look round yourself instead of judging from a few photos.
And if, as you say, you played your part in the fight to survive, then I must say I am a bit surprised by your reaction.

I priced up for the flooring and I will look round eventually, but I wont be rushing round. I am in a bad mood today so that might have something to do with it.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Am I the only one I guess who thought big deal, nothing out of the ordinary to be honest, but then I guess we have an average history as far as football clubs go nothing to write home about much like the museum.

I'm really glad our football club is still here to have some history.

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013

I am guessing that the club have already worked out that the vast majority of visitors to the museum will be Albion supporters - I am struggling to understand why you are being negative about it to be honest?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I went round yesterday and completely missed the chant placards on the ceiling. Either I missed a room or I just didn't look up!

Be good to see a Charity Shield replica or some FA Cup Runners Up medals on display, or are they in the Amex trophy cabinet, if we've got one?.......

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I think the museum looks great in the photos. I don’t care that we don’t have a massive trophy room or that the height of our on pitch achievements is an FA cup final.

A few people say that the club is getting too corporate, so I love the fact that it does look a little tacky because that is Brighton.

I could not careless if other fans thinks its rubbish, because it is not for them. I am really looking forward to visiting it.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Kind of tongue in cheek to be honest, but I am not so sure we are an amazing story, yes we have had some hard times and yes I did my bit and it meant the world to be and still does, but so many other clubs have similar stories. An Amazing football story was maybe Wimbledons rise through the league so quickly and then vanishing to be reborn.

Well with respect mate I'm not sure you are looking at History as 'the big picture'. Wimbledons rise from the basement to the penthouse in record time was a great success story but achieved mostly on the pitch. Can't say we've achieved quite that (yet).
But from a supporters point of view surely with the years of attrition and the wonderful comradarie we are streets ahead of any other league club in the history stakes.....well IMO. :)

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
The museum looks fantastic, I may head down early tomorrow to have a look, would have got in when I did the tour but the guide didn't have the key card to let us in!

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Think Tim has done a great job in putting this together...(with others)...well done to them...don't forget your roots...I have an exhibit there but it pales intp insignificance to rhe ticket of the Aston Villa game when we won the Champions of all England trophy...the best I have at home is a 1911 reserve team away programme (TOTTENHAM) and a football medal awarded to a player who was lost in WW1...Tim has said that they'll be changing exhibits now and then, so maybe I can loan them to the museum at sometime in the future.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Well done to Tim and all concerned. It may not be the Natural History Museum, but to Brighton fans, to see all this BHA memorabilia in one place gives you the pleasure to be able to re-live your Albion supporting life and be reminded of all the good and bad times we've had together. I'm sure we will be making some very interesting additional history very, very soon.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I went round yesterday and completely missed the chant placards on the ceiling. Either I missed a room or I just didn't look up!

Be good to see a Charity Shield replica or some FA Cup Runners Up medals on display, or are they in the Amex trophy cabinet, if we've got one?.......

The trophy cabinet is just outside the boardroom. You see it when you do the stadium tour.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Sorry to be first idiot to ask this after looking on official site and getting nowhere. WHERE exactly at the stadium is the museum located?

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Go through Dick's Bar and over to the left of the bar. It's through the doors marked "staff only" next to the big mural.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here