Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion Memorabilia

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Pass them on to a charity shop?
I tried that with my Fathers programmes but they wouldn’t touch them, that was in Hailsham/ Eastbourne.
Got even less chance up here in Northants.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Pass them on to a charity shop?
Charity shops aren’t junk shops! You can’t give this stuff away. It’s for the bin. Nobody really wants, it’s certainly has no commercial value. Constantly amazed so many people think these things are worth something. Try emptying parents house and even furniture purchased for thousands is worthless. It’s costs to get rid of, it’s the cost of living through the consumer age. Millions of tonnes of mass produced replicated shite basically. We’re all guilty of chucking on the loft and decades later…it’s still worthless! :)

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Charity shops aren’t junk shops! You can’t give this stuff away. It’s for the bin. Nobody really wants, it’s certainly has no commercial value. Constantly amazed so many people think these things are worth something. Try emptying parents house and even furniture purchased for thousands is worthless. It’s costs to get rid of, it’s the cost of living through the consumer age. Millions of tonnes of mass produced replicated shite basically. We’re all guilty of chucking on the loft and decades later…it’s still worthless! :)
Summed up perfectly about clearing my fathers house last year.
He was a collector of all sorts of shite, thought it might be worth something in the future.
Cost me over £2k to get rid of it all as charity shops wouldn’t touch it.

Bald Head

Jul 20, 2022
Brighton
You are correct, I was not looking to make loads of money out off it ,just seeing if anyone wanted the odd program or two and any other bits and pieces.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
You are correct, I was not looking to make loads of money out off it ,just seeing if anyone wanted the odd program or two and any other bits and pieces.
No, wasn’t suggesting you were. More making point people assume charities and even free to collect will find a home. But there typically aren’t these days, because of the consumer age. Refuse is the only solution sadly, because we all owned and ‘consumed’ too much. Me included!

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Some Albion items from Premier League era (e.g. paper match tickets) do have some value due to massive global fan base of opponents.

Bald Head

Jul 20, 2022
Brighton
Some Albion items from Premier League era (e.g. paper match tickets) do have some value due to massive global fan base of opponents.
I do have match tickets from the Goldstone days ,Also a couple of British rail seagulls special train tickets with Brighton and Hove Albion printed on them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here