Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion memorabilia help

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Hearing that the last time Albion beat Liverpool at home was 14th January 1961 sent me hopefully scuttling upstairs to check my Albion v Liverpool programme from the same year. No luck. Mine is dated 16th September. But I also found my late dad's yellow card West Stand Season Ticket (Row K 123) from 1988/89. What interests me is I also have his plastic card for the same season entitling him to access to Membership Area. Sounds like some kind of 20th Century club/bar area, but he never let on to me about it, even though I went to the matches with him and Mrs Earle. But we were in the cheap seats in the South Stand. Does anybody remember what delights could be obtained there? Maybe prawn sandwiches?

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
Hearing that the last time Albion beat Liverpool at home was 14th January 1961 sent me hopefully scuttling upstairs to check my Albion v Liverpool programme from the same year. No luck. Mine is dated 16th September. But I also found my late dad's yellow card West Stand Season Ticket (Row K 123) from 1988/89. What interests me is I also have his plastic card for the same season entitling him to access to Membership Area. Sounds like some kind of 20th Century club/bar area, but he never let on to me about it, even though I went to the matches with him and Mrs Earle. But we were in the cheap seats in the South Stand. Does anybody remember what delights could be obtained there? Maybe prawn sandwiches?
That may have been the last (and possibly only) league match we won at home tagaint them but def not the last time. FA Cup 1984 we beat them 2- 0.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
He only used that card with his other family.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I remember there were plastic membership cards around that period which were credit card sized; I remember yellow and blue and white and red cards....all they did was allow you to buy tickets and/or access certain terraces/stands if my memory serves me correctly. Memory is a bit sketchy and I don’t think they lasted long.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here