Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion losing one million a month?

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Based on figures previously made available there was no material drop in losses, with that explained by some as a slight of hand to deal with the subsequent accounts submitted for FFP regs as they came into force. Paul is now saying that the club is losing £1m a month, which again indicates he has failed to stem the losses and that we are in trouble with regard to FFP. Alternatively of course he could be bullshitting just to support a dig or a whinge at the customers, as he likes to do.

Either way, on the face of it with currently mentioned figures he's failed to do a decent enough job. Leeds, that broken club up North are losing £1m a month and are above us in the league even with joke managers in place and with smaller crowds.

Paul Barber is good at convincing people he's doing a good job but I've seen absolutely no evidence to date and it's evidence that is important rather than a will to believe (which I do understand as a fan rather than a customer).
Agree,but then Leeds get a lot of TV money...they're on TV every other week

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
I just think they're fiddling the accounts in whatever way is legal to maximise the apparent losses subject to FFP. It's no coincidence that we've narrowly come within the acceptable losses limit every year so far, but it certainly does help them to justify charging the prices they charge.

The facebook fan page said they were selling plastic phone covers for £15 yesterday.

If you lose your season ticket, what is it, £25 to get a new card?

People look at Germany and ask why they are different, it is because the fans are not apathetic to the whole situation. If the season ticket price goes up, the entire stand boycotts the match.

There has been a major cock up on the number crunching pre-falmer,we were around 5 million in debt when we sold the goldstone and now we have lost around 30 million since moving into the amex!
Looks like the cost of the academy will drain any increase in sponsorship and gate receipts are falling and could continue to fall. Not looking good whatever the club do it will alienate another portion from the season ticket holders.When i suggested things that were not right at the amex i got the standard well f**k off there's a waiting list:facepalm: Tony Bloom has been fantastic but you don't make his money by flushing it down a big hole. The amex was the stadium that was meant to make us money 7 days a week a community stadium.Burgess hill have the green elephant ground and the amex is looking like the White Elephant:(

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
There has been a major cock up on the number crunching pre-falmer,we were around 5 million in debt when we sold the goldstone and now we have lost around 30 million since moving into the amex!
Looks like the cost of the academy will drain any increase in sponsorship and gate receipts are falling and could continue to fall. Not looking good whatever the club do it will alienate another portion from the season ticket holders.When i suggested things that were not right at the amex i got the standard well f**k off there's a waiting list:facepalm: Tony Bloom has been fantastic but you don't make his money by flushing it down a big hole. The amex was the stadium that was meant to make us money 7 days a week a community stadium.Burgess hill have the green elephant ground and the amex is looking like the White Elephant:(

Is there a break down somewhere of the running costs of the Albion from players wages, staff be it in the store or behind the scenes, Albion in the community, Police, general day to day cost of heating, lights etc of the Amex and of course the transport. Plus you have all that again apart from the police at the academy. We must have done costings for the running of everything and taken worse case scenarios into account regarding falling gates etc. As people have said if we can't make the Amex work what chance anyone. It is all very depressing and I now fear for our club in the long run, we can not compete with the parachute payment teams from the premiership.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I assumed he is referring to last year';s accounts which would be about right. Given the player sales, rise in prices, cuts in costs, it would be bad news if those losses weren't running much much lower.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex

It's quite nice going to watch football there though, isn't it? Rather than Gillingham or Withdean??

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
We were told that the break even figure was budgeted at 15K. You have to wonder what is going on.

We seem happy to spunk money on expensive fancy infrastructure, furniture and fittings but harp on about FFP and losing 1m a month.

Seems to me we have prem spending levels off the pitch.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Is there a break down somewhere of the running costs of the Albion from players wages, staff be it in the store or behind the scenes, Albion in the community, Police, general day to day cost of heating, lights etc of the Amex and of course the transport. Plus you have all that again apart from the police at the academy. We must have done costings for the running of everything and taken worse case scenarios into account regarding falling gates etc. As people have said if we can't make the Amex work what chance anyone. It is all very depressing and I now fear for our club in the long run, we can not compete with the parachute payment teams from the premiership.

Everything will be fine when we are in the Premier League and as they keep telling us we are a Premier League ready club, so no problem.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Great watching footie just the transport that's stop me spending my £1,000,if they were at withdean i would still have our season tickets tbh???

Really? But I thought you were a 'life long supporter'? Surely a few minutes on a train, bus or a brisk walk wouldn't put you off??

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Based on figures previously made available there was no material drop in losses, with that explained by some as a slight of hand to deal with the subsequent accounts submitted for FFP regs as they came into force. Paul is now saying that the club is losing £1m a month, which again indicates he has failed to stem the losses and that we are in trouble with regard to FFP....

There is a difference between total losses ( 1 million / month ) and FFP losses ( which are only part of the total loss ).

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
We were told that the break even figure was budgeted at 15K. You have to wonder what is going on.

We seem happy to spunk money on expensive fancy infrastructure, furniture and fittings but harp on about FFP and losing 1m a month.

Seems to me we have prem spending levels off the pitch.

Infrastructure costs don't count towards FFP calculations.

As for the 1m per month, it probably is an approximation of the last set of accounts released - season 12/13. Either that or depreciation of the Amex and the Academy are now being factored in to the accounts, both of which are paid for, and neither of which count towards FFP.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Infrastructure costs don't count towards FFP calculations.

As for the 1m per month, it probably is an approximation of the last set of accounts released - season 12/13. Either that or depreciation of the Amex and the Academy are now being factored in to the accounts, both of which are paid for, and neither of which count towards FFP.

At best it is creative accountancy at worse we are heading for oblivion unless we get to the prem soon.

Which we won't with the current squad which needs investment.

It's all very well building expensive infrastructure but only if the business can support it.

It seems currently that we can't.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here