Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion Looking Like A Championship Team?

Seagulls14

Jul 31, 2011
I was very pleased with the perfomance today and think we really stepped up and look like a championship standard team just have to hold on to the leads! keep it up lads!:albion2:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Early days, but having seen all four league matches so far, I'd say yes yes we do look very much like a Championship Team.

As you say... keep it up lads! :albion2:

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
After the first half today I thought we were looking like a top six Championship side. It's a shame we let Blackpool back into the game but credit where it's due, they really turned it up in the second half.

Not everyone plays with the intensity Blackpool did today and I think we'll easily win more than we lose this season. If Gus gets a couple more in then I think a top half finish is realistic, and would represent a tremendous return. If we can keep up the momentum and don't suffer any debilitating injuries there's no reason why we can't end the season in the top six.

Good times

Seagulls14

Jul 31, 2011
Gary taylor-fletcher was dealt with and the defence looked comfortable all game but credit to kevin philips top quality striker and took his chances but deserved more thatn a point i think but nt complainin wuld hav taken a draw vs blackpool at start of the day :)

Surport Local Team

Jan 5, 2011
yes it not the draw we object to just the unfortunate way it happened. oh well next time. perhaps evening itself out we were fortunate against pompy late pen miss and got a very late goal against donny.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I thought we were very good today. Remember that BPool team had players who had almost all played in the prem... We were the better team... Exciting times.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Yep, we are looking every inch a Championship team. Nobody has dictated to us yet, we;ve more than held our own in all the games so far.

I just KNEW Phillips would f*** us today though, been saying it all week. He is absolute class, and I spent large slabs of the summer hoping we'd sign him. What a tremendous professional that guy is. Much like Forster, he's looked after himself his whole career which is why at 38 he can still do what he does.

Barnes has been terrific, but can you just IMAGINE the carnage Phillips and CMS would cause together ?

There were moments today when Brighton made Monkeys out of Blackpool. Other teams would have crumbled and Blackpool nearly did. Sooner or later a visiting club is going to get a thrashing. Still need to tighten up at the back as our defence leaves too much space and can look a bit naive. Might need an old experienced head for others to learn from. Overall the team is performing than some expected. The football at times is breath taking.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Barnes has been terrific, but can you just IMAGINE the carnage Phillips and CMS would cause together ?

That would be quite frankly frightening stuff. We'd be tearing the Championship a new one.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Kevin Phillips is still terrifyingly dangerous, and is the main reason Blackpool got a point! Taylor-Fletcher is a good player but was completely subdued, it's difficult to prepare and defend things like Phillips instinct!

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
I was very pleased with the perfomance today and think we really stepped up and look like a championship standard team just have to hold on to the leads! keep it up lads!:albion2:

It is obvious now we have a manager and a team that can win this division and get promoted,they just have to do it, COME ON THE ALBION

Sleaford Seagull

Nov 17, 2010
Sleaford
We are looking like a good Championship side to me, just got to make sure the momentum keeps rolling on, getting Buckley and Hoskins back will be a good boost. I think getting a respectable result against Sunderland will be important and then Peterborough will have to be a win I think. but But 10 points from 12 is nothing less than brilliant :D

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Looking like a top half of the Champ team and exceeding expectations again :thumbsup: (our own maybe not the media's)

Not long and if we can hold on to two+ goal leads we'll be capable of a top 6 finish. Not we will get one, just be capable soon, and I can't wait. Gus and the boys are amazing!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here