Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion looking at Paolo di Canio....

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
why the f*** would the club be looking for a replacement for a manager who hasnt left?

One "if" isn't enough anymore, by the ne season it will be 5 OR more.

If Roy Hodgsen resigns and if he is replaced by Redknapp and if poyet goes to spurs and if we get a good replacement will we sign Zamora if he is unsettled at QPR?

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Not a chance (I sincerely hope) I just can't believe he's the sort that TB would have any time for at all

Managing for one season and taking the hot favourites out of L2 is hardly the track record we would be looking for ... admittedly can't stand the geezer and would be horrified if he even got a sniff

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
One "if" isn't enough anymore, by the ne season it will be 5 OR more.

If Roy Hodgsen resigns and if he is replaced by Redknapp and if poyet goes to spurs and if we get a good replacement will we sign Zamora if he is unsettled at QPR?
By jove I think you're onto something Looney.

We should have a new rule, no unsubstantiated rumour thread to be started unless it contains a minimum of 5 'if's'.

I was just about to do a Drogba example, but that then falls foul of the unsubstantiated part.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I've always dreamed of having a famed fascist as the il duce of my club. I hope to god that dream never comes in the slightest true. I'd struggle to chant in his favour.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I love how angry people get when someone posts some Gossip. I was just passing on something I have been told but alas the good natured folk of NSC get stroppy about it :lol:

[MENTION=6376]The Lemming Stomper[/MENTION] you were right!

Last edited:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Wouldn't be gutted with the decision , be gutted if Poyet left but not with the replacement.

MACROBLUE

Jul 9, 2011
I didn't want to start a new thread but, a good friend of mine told me yesterday that Gus spent the day at the Hawthorns. His source is an associate of Tony Bloom. No idea if it's true but he has no reason to make anything up :shrug:

Yes I must admit that doesn't sound good if it is true. I think he is in big demand after our season.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Paolo Di Canio would not leave Swindon for Brighton. Much like Poyet won't leave Brighton for anything less than a top job, there's no way Di Canio will leave Swindon for us.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Paolo Di Canio would not leave Swindon for Brighton. Much like Poyet won't leave Brighton for anything less than a top job, there's no way Di Canio will leave Swindon for us.

Why on earth do you think Di Canio would not want to leave Swindon for a much bigger club. It's a natural progression for him. That said I hope he never turns up here.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Why on earth do you think Di Canio would not want to leave Swindon for a much bigger club. It's a natural progression for him. That said I hope he never turns up here.

No, you see it as natural progression. Di Canio wouldn't know Brighton from a hole in the wall. If we're a Premier League team in a few years time and Poyet moves on, THEN Di Canio might have heard of us. But in the meantime, I think some of us need to wind our necks in a little bit. The assumption that every manager in the game would bend over backwards to get the managers job here is extremely wide of the mark.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here