Albion Kit for Women

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
TBF players spec shirts (code 7, Formotion, Techfit and others) are fitted, as are women's football shirts by many of the other manufacturers. Nike don't do them for women

They can..... Screenshot_2016-06-04-12-28-24.pngScreenshot_2016-06-04-12-32-03.png

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
This thread adequately demonstrates the desire for some to be offended on behalf of somebody else.
I'm not sure it's about taking offence. I didn't find the joke funny, and suspect those who did might be a LEETLE BIT of a dick. Each their own, I suppose.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
My daughter (21) has been giving me earache about what she claims is a complete lack of Albion football shirts (as opposed to polos, T-shirts, etc.) designed to be worn by women. She claims to have been unable to find replica shirts other than those designed to fit men or youngsters. I'm sure I remember us selling women's shirts a few years back, so how come we've stopped? Or have we? Our Ladies team must wear kit that fits, so perhaps it's possible to get hold of kit like theirs. Any help (I was going to say "pointers", but given the subject, thought better of it!) will be gratefully accepted. One last thing - the shirt must be the current blue and white stripes. Suggestions about getting hold of the pink and white one from long ago will NOT be classed as helpful! Here's hoping............:ascarf:

I'd suggest letting the club shop know that you're after a women's fit replica kit and are disappointed they don't stock them - and ask what they're going to do about it. It's a poor show they don't do them and the club is responsive to an extent.

In a different, but related, issue, my daughter was really put out that all the 'youth' kit in the store is labelled 'boys', which is so bloody 1970s it's ridiculous (unless there's also a 'girls' fit, which there isn't) - they told us it's a Nike thing, and that the items come labeled like that. You can see that online, the Club Shop calls them 'Junior' to be non-gender specific, which is some evidence that the club makes an effort.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
The main difference between women's clothing and men's is the length of the body and arms. If I wear an small mans top it is far to long, I buy xl boys this season and that seems OK, but I am quite small. So for bigger ladies this would not be an option and the men's are the wrong shape. Nike do make a women's specific England tops so there is no reason why the can't make women's Brighton top, either they or the club choose not to stock them. but since Nike can in the level of anything I would wear fron the women's clothing section is nothing, it just horrible.

The club are really missing a trick, there are so many women that go to Brighton games and quality tasteful clothing section would sale very well

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
The main difference between women's clothing and men's is the length of the body and arms. If I wear an small mans top it is far to long, I buy xl boys this season and that seems OK, but I am quite small. So for bigger ladies this would not be an option and the men's are the wrong shape. Nike do make a women's specific England tops so there is no reason why the can't make women's Brighton top, either they or the club choose not to stock them. but since Nike can in the level of anything I would wear fron the women's clothing section is nothing, it just horrible.

The club are really missing a trick, there are so many women that go to Brighton games and quality tasteful clothing section would sale very well

Brighton have to put in a bulk order to get them made at a cheaper price, my guess would be the club doesn't see enough being sold to make it financially viable.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

Brighton have to put in a bulk order to get them made at a cheaper price, my guess would be the club doesn't see enough being sold to make it financially viable.

I'd imagine it's something there or there abouts, not so much the bulk order for us, but that the kits we use aren't actually made in women's fit because Nike don't see it being financially viable, for us, or any club that uses them.

Update: having just checked Nikes catalogue for 2016/7 they only do one of their football shirts in women's fit, the Trophy II design, which isn't one of their striped designs, so I'm guessing it is down to Nike, not Brighton, that we don't have women's fit shirts.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Last edited:

About 12 years ago I saw a waiter in Altinkum, Turkey wearing what appeared to be a Skint era Brighton shirt, although the sponsor was 'Crash Training' (?) I asked where he got it from, which he didn't have a clue, bit of research it turned out to be from the Women's team at the time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here