Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion keeper Stockdale hails Dunk as one of the best [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
ALBION defender Lewis Dunk has been hailed as one of the best in the Championship.
Dunk returns to the team tomorrow at Fulham, one of the clubs admiring him, with speculation still rife about his future.
Reports yesterday of a bid from Newcastle for Dunk, with Mike Williamson offered as part of the deal, were denied by Albion and manager Chris Hughton.
They have already turned down multiple bids from Fulham and former Fulham goalkeeper David Stockdale wants it to stay that way.

Stockdale, restored to the squad with Dunk and Dale Stephens after the trio were rested at Southend on Tuesday, told The Argus: “He can go far and I am hoping it’s with Brighton.
“That’s none of my business (transfer speculation) but he’s a Brighton player and long may it continue because he’s in front of me blocking those shots.
“For me he is one of the best defenders in this league and he is Brighton’s.”
Hughton is determined to keep hold of Dunk, irrespective of interest coming from the Premier League or Championship, as he weighs up whether to include new German centre-half Uwe Hunemeier for the visit to Craven Cottage.
Hughton said: “As far as I know it is speculation. Ultimately what we want to be doing with any of our best players is keeping them and doing what ever we can to make sure we put ourselves in the best position to do well this season.
“With any of our players it doesn’t matter where speculation comes from or an approach comes from, we have to look after our best interests first.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here