NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I’m (not) lovin’ it

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Trouble is even with a minority holding, you are inviting a voice and opinion at the table that can dilute the way the club is being run. Ask Everton.

Only scenario I can see really is a fan ownership share offer where a limited number of shares per fan is offered so that a portion of the club becomes fan owned. Quite how this would look in terms of structure or voices and say I don't know, but this would feel the progressive route to take if you were going to look to offer up shares in return for investment.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Exactly. I'm also unsure whether he would appreciate some stranger on some forum suggesting he sells some of his assets.

Would the OP mind if we asked him if he should sell a share of his house, car etc?
:lolol:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
It’s a cunning plan by Bloom…. Let it reach its fruition

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
The thread title is misleading. It suggests news but is little more than a variation on the Patrick Bamford thread. Perhaps there needs to be a new tag of ‘idle speculation ?’ Just to make it clearer to people browsing the board.
probably just one of these "?" tags.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Message to Tony Bloom:

Tone, we've taken soundings from the fanbase, and the consensus is that you don't need to dilute your stake in BHAFC. You're doing just fine.
Hope this helps you with your decision-making and formulation of your next five year plan.

Best, NSC.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
I'm far from advocating it, just putting it out there.
I know. I was being facetious.

Being a fan of a club is an odd relationship isn't it? It's a mix of business and customer, parent and child, a lifelong love affair etc.

It makes you feel entitled to comment and advise on all aspects of the day-to-day operation of the club, hiring and firing, what players to play, what songs to play, complain about the bottle tops, comment on whether the owner should share out his assets, and if you think he should, you have a veto on who he should share them with.

If I were Tony Bloom, I'd be rolling on the floor.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
No thanks, things are fine as they are. TB ain't Steve Parish, he loves the club too much

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
serious question: how much interest in the PL is there in Israel?

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Outside investment even a minority holding , will add unnecessary pressure as is fraught with risk . If we get relegated we are in a far worse position with players on far higher wages .

The model TB & the board adopt is sensible , and it is working well . Why would you take an unnecessary risk .

No thanks …

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I probably have them on ignore so won't see their posts, but would see the replies, so . . . where are the perpetual betwetters and wingers like bw3 on this thread, advocating that we sell half the club to Amazon in return for the money we need to singe some world class strikers, and expand the Amex capacity?

Separately, although we know that ManUre get a lot of income from global shirt sales . . . . as do Liverpool but less so, but how much global income (outside of UK shirt sales and Sky TV money) do EPL clubs earn? Putting Man aside, do Chelsea and Citeh get most of their income from sources other than Sky? What about Spuds and Arse and Newcastle?

My guess is that ManUre are sustainable (which is how the Glazers are able to trouser millions every year) but none of the others are, and those who regularly splash cash for elite players (and I am not including Spuds in this equation) are simply exercising the benefit of sports washing, with the owners happy to sustain a loss in exchange for global toleration of their shitty behaviours at home.

So I echo the comments of pretty much everyone that new investment is not needed and not wanted all the while Mr Bloom remains the owner.

If there are any out there that would rather we do a Portsmouth, win a cup and disappear into oblivion, now is the time to speak.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Not enough to have the same wage structure as a top 6 club in England. They frequently lose players to Barcelona and Real Madrid, so Brighton would have to become a club of that dignity instead.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I'm not entirely sure the very moment the rose is about to flower is the time to start pruning.

Unkie Tony has spent 15 years and oodles of wedge (sorry of my fiscal analysis is a little too high brow) getting to this position, handing a part of it over to McDonald's seems counterintuitive.
A climbing rose? I’ll leave it there as I don’t want to ramble on or beat about the bush …now where’s that tea

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here