[Albion] Albion in the Media

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
There are no worries concerning ‘entitlement’ with my grandson. He has been well briefed on our history and the rocky road to success. Yes, everything in the garden is roses at the moment but it is always possible that we could end up like Wigan or Portsmouth or any other previous PL short term high fliers. A case of feet firmly planted on the ground.
Indeed. And it stops this whole 'tinpot' thing as well. To me Chelsea is 'tinpot' not yer lower league teams with their loyal supporter bases. Okay, Reading, perhaps.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I find it better to see it this way. It keeps folk liking us too. The only danger is a new breed of fans who are as entitled as some others have become. An Albion fan of 18-20 has known nothing other than this curve of success. I hope parents have Albion history on the curriculum.

The fans of 18-20 years old would have seen us in the Championship under Hyypia and later scrapping around in the nether regions of the Premier League.

It's the ones of primary school age we need to worry about. They'll only know a team battling for titles domestically and in Europe with a global fanbase and Balón D'Or winning players. How do we keep their feet on the ground?

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
The fans of 18-20 years old would have seen us in the Championship under Hyypia and later scrapping around in the nether regions of the Premier League.

It's the ones of primary school age we need to worry about. They'll only know a team battling for titles domestically and in Europe with a global fanbase and Balón D'Or winning players. How do we keep their feet on the ground?
You don’t keep their feet on the ground.
You let them fly.

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
This was good watch, Fast forward to 16:50 mins in! Goodridge and Tubes absolutely love us! That's nice to hear from a hardcore Utd and Chelsea fan.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
We really are the flavour of the month for some of the more watched football channels.

While it does start to get a bit same same it just shows how much the clubs brand is growing.

Content creators see us as being able to bring in the viewers.

nsclurker

Apr 3, 2018
I find all the high praise and gushing adoration a little too much really. I just want to enjoy watching football.

My boss at work, a good friend too, is a Leeds United fan (a proper one from the area) and doesn't stop crowing about the Albion. Even looks out for our results each week and knows as much about our games as Leeds. I think folk are drawn to it because it's an unusual story. I always play it down. Yes, at the moment things seem to be going well, but it can all change. So I'm just enjoying it for what it is. I never forget the rock from which we were hewn. As far as I am concerned we are a third division team done good.

I find it better to see it this way. It keeps folk liking us too. The only danger is a new breed of fans who are as entitled as some others have become. An Albion fan of 18-20 has known nothing other than this curve of success. I hope parents have Albion history on the curriculum.
My son's 18, and has had an ST since he was 7. He had to suffer the Sami Hyypia years, Palace play-off, etc., so not all wine and roses.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports